browns bay chum derby

Is there somewhere to find the derby rules? Attending for the first time this year. Thx!

Bloadbath - Heard the chum run should be average.
Swiggy - you will get a set of the derby rules when you check in. You may want to contact Browns Bay and see if the can email them if you need them sooner.

First timers at this event. We are camping but are on wait list for moorage, highly unlikely from what Monica says. So what is it like to launch each day there? Fishing out of a 24 foot Glassply. thanks

In my opinion, Browns Bay launch site needs improvement, it is a narrow single vehicle ramp, with a large dropoff at low tide. Parking is poor and you may find youself parking at the top of the entrance road, a good hike if you need to launch daily. If there is more then one of you, then one should stay on board and run the boat around to the fuel dock and wait for the person parking the trailer. Same for picking up the boat. The cleaning station should you require it is on the dock, so be prepared to lug your catch. On the plus side, you are protected from wakes, there is decent food and supplies. Google Browns Bay webcam to see where the launch site is and marina looks like.

Thanks GLG, what is an average run numbers wise?

How long does this run usually last around Campbell River?

There are many rivers that have chum that need to swim by CR to get home.
Going from memory from the IFMP, I recall nothing over the top and nothing bad.
That said I would give it an average year so that would make good fishing.
The runs start now (from a report here) and can go into early November.
It can be hit and miss or it can be lights out fishing depending on the day.
There could be a ton of jumpers with no biters or little on the sounder with lot's of action.
You never know......That's the thing about chum fishing.....

If you need info on one river I could look it up but can't give you a total for the whole run.

Thanks for the feedback. We will make do with the situation and just enjoy some fishing time and entertainment. Good excuse to get on the water.

might as well start the chum derby festivities off right...
cops_zpsc6865732.png

Back