Bottom paint

I’ve had good success with Interlux and then the spray on zinc coating. Lasts the year with no growth

Do you find the zinc is really soft to the touch? I think that's what is on there now. Doing its job and for sure the last coats were sprayed on...thx

I went from regular bottom bait to teflon paint & realized a major fuel saving - a nice smooth full on a planing boat makes a big difference - heard a great story about some guy who had his bottom done with Rhino-liner on an AL boat - dropped his top speed by 15 MPH. Really smooth matters; get it done right.

I went from regular bottom bait to teflon paint & realized a major fuel saving - a nice smooth full on a planing boat makes a big difference - heard a great story about some guy who had his bottom done with Rhino-liner on an AL boat - dropped his top speed by 15 MPH. Really smooth matters; get it done right.
Rino liner for bottom paint, thats f... funny, the poor guy who did this dont no the purpose of bottom paint that’s for sure lmao

I agree, to do it right, all old bottom paint has to be removed to the gel coat. It's all in the prep. I had my 25' boat professionally sanded, epoxy barrier coat applied and one coat of bottom paint was about $5,000. A proper bottom paint job will make a difference in fuel economy and speed. It's like the tires on your vehicle

Do you find the zinc is really soft to the touch? I think that's what is on there now. Doing its job and for sure the last coats were sprayed on...thx
I think it is kind of soft. Here is a picture of the drives after they were done. They had a coat of Interlux Trilux 33 first. I like that you can spray in all the hard to reach area's
IMG_7342 (Medium).jpeg

I think it is kind of soft. Here is a picture of the drives after they were done. They had a coat of Interlux Trilux 33 first. I like that you can spray in all the hard to reach area's
View attachment 57258

That looks about right. One gripe I have is they have always done a lackluster job of masking the steering ram. Important not to have a paint ring on there or it will damage the seal.

Last edited:
Back