Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I've never heard of a 23 Bertram,so I think it's their 20 Ft. version with the euro transom added.Looks like a pro job on it. Years ago Canoe Cove had the molds for the 20 and 25 Bertrams.
I chatted with the seller, you are correct, @Rayvon, it is was 20' hull plus the pod extension dimensions.

Hewescraft pacific explorer 220 with 200hp evinrude. Not sure if the 200 was better than the big ones?
They are certainly torque monsters and definitely pull well above their weight in the bottom 2/3 of the throttle range where you spend most time. I've been super happy with mine (2019 135HO, V-6) and have had no trouble. A 200 etec, could easily sub for a 250 Yamaha or Suzuki based on peak torque. I know that a bunch of the etecs from the early 2000s were lemons (just after BRP acquired Evinrude and the etec design was still in its first generation), but BRP sorted the design over the years and I always thought these final ones were reasonably well regarded.

Evinrude just pulled distribution of their outboards in North America, but these motors are still available in the rest of the world and access to parts has not been an issue and warranties are still valid.

The main issue is that these use a lot of different tech versus a conventional 4-stroke. Mainly its the direct injection technology which is basically unique to Evinrude - so injector problems can be expensive, versus replacing an injector on a conventional fuel injection system. Likewise, you have a secondary oiling system. I think the main problem is that you need familiarity with a different set of issues from a conventional modern 4-stroke, so repairs can seem daunting and unfamiliar. If you've had one before, or have a local mechanic familiar with etecs you are golden.

When I bought my boat, the etec definitely didn't increase the selling price, and my gut take at the time was that it was a liability. Now, I'm glad to have it, and it punches way above the number on the cowl - I will try to get my 1000-1500hrs out of it.

Last edited:
No trim tabs on a pretty big boat. Doesn't look like much room to add with that monster transducer. The electrical/fuel/batteries looks pretty tight - at first blush it looks ok, but in reality changing those fuel filters is going to be awkward and good chance you get gas all over the batteries. Likewise the electrical doesn't seem intuitive. All very tight and works as a new install, but would be a pain for anyone down the road.

Otherwise a nice boat, and I think the specmar design is generally well regarded.

Last edited:
They are certainly torque monsters and definitely pull well above their weight in the bottom 2/3 of the throttle range where you spend most time. I've been super happy with mine (2019 135HO, V-6) and have had no trouble. A 200 etec, could easily sub for a 250 Yamaha or Suzuki based on peak torque. I know that a bunch of the etecs from the early 2000s were lemons (just after BRP acquired Evinrude and the etec design was still in its first generation), but BRP sorted the design over the years and I always thought these final ones were reasonably well regarded.

Evinrude just pulled distribution of their outboards in North America, but these motors are still available in the rest of the world and access to parts has not been an issue and warranties are still valid.

The main issue is that these use a lot of different tech versus a conventional 4-stroke. Mainly its the direct injection technology which is basically unique to Evinrude - so injector problems can be expensive, versus replacing an injector on a conventional fuel injection system. Likewise, you have a secondary oiling system. I think the main problem is that you need familiarity with a different set of issues from a conventional modern 4-stroke, so repairs can seem daunting and unfamiliar. If you've had one before, or have a local mechanic familiar with etecs you are golden.

When I bought my boat, the etec definitely didn't increase the selling price, and my gut take at the time was that it was a liability. Now, I'm glad to have it, and it punches way above the number on the cowl - I will try to get my 1000-1500hrs out of it.
It's awesome that the 135HO has been good for you. Some of the larger G2s, including my friends twins, had major issues that even Evinrude Master Technicians couldn't figure out.

It is interesting to see what the import boat pressure has on the local market. A kingfisher 23 coast is pretty cheap compared to some of the stabicrafts.
View attachment 105137
If the Stryker boat is from China - no thanks!! Way better off paying more and buying something made in North America that has better quality, materials, warranty, after sales service and re-sale value.

A lot of boat but not a fan of two seats under cover.​

1998 Trophy 2802​

CA$95,000
Listed 13 hours ago in Campbell River, BC
I have a buddy that has the same hull , nice platform to fish from

If the Stryker boat is from China - no thanks!! Way better off paying more and buying something made in North America that has better quality, materials, warranty, after sales service and re-sale value.
do they even have a certification> transport canada, coast guard? insurable i assume for only non commercial use?

I have a buddy that has the same hull , nice platform to fish from
great hull shape, i could never wrap my head around a boat that is 26 and bigger that only seats 2 undercover. like a 200k grady that cant have 4 people undercover. crazy in my mind.

$97,000 · 2003 Pursuit 2685 Denali - photo 7 of 8

2003 Pursuit 2685 Denali display photo

2003 Pursuit 2685 Denali thumbnail image 1

2003 Pursuit 2685 Denali thumbnail image 2

2003 Pursuit 2685 Denali thumbnail image 3

2003 Pursuit 2685 Denali thumbnail image 4

2003 Pursuit 2685 Denali thumbnail image 5

2003 Pursuit 2685 Denali thumbnail image 6

2003 Pursuit 2685 Denali thumbnail image 7

2003 Pursuit 2685 Denali thumbnail image 8

How about this one ,lots of seating on this Pursuit,same price range.On "Used Vic".

Back