Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Big price reduction on this Bass Pro boat. Spartan brand. Curious if any of you weld gurus have crawled around one of these? Any comment on build quality etc? I’ve only ever seen one in the wild at the launch.…
No reverse chines --- other big difference from a boat like silverstreak -- Plywood floors... IMHO wood does not belong on a metal boat. Floor should be sealed so that no foam ever gets wet - Think this is what makes some aluminum boats lifetime boats and others no so much.

The question should be, why not reverse chines? The reverse chines are carefully placed on the hull of the saltwater fishing boats, resulting in the following .

• The sharp edge parts the water away from the boat, retaining the splashes away from the propulsion and deck. It allows the crew to enjoy a dry day on board.
  • Help in smooth and uneventful propulsion.
  • Provide the ability to ride comfortably on more giant waves in rough water conditions.
  • Effective in keeping the boat afloat and stable during sharp turns.

No reverse chines --- other big difference from a boat like silverstreak -- Plywood floors... IMHO wood does not belong on a metal boat. Floor should be sealed so that no foam ever gets wet - Think this is what makes some aluminum boats lifetime boats and others no so much.

The question should be, why not reverse chines? The reverse chines are carefully placed on the hull of the saltwater fishing boats, resulting in the following .

• The sharp edge parts the water away from the boat, retaining the splashes away from the propulsion and deck. It allows the crew to enjoy a dry day on board.
  • Help in smooth and uneventful propulsion.
  • Provide the ability to ride comfortably on more giant waves in rough water conditions.
  • Effective in keeping the boat afloat and stable during sharp turns.
Reduce the chances of chine dancing when doing 90knots

Married with Children but still going fishing.

14’ Lund Fishing Boat with 20hp motor. C$3,000​

422162551_7257445414320139_6628883572309944590_n.jpg

C-Dory 27? Happy to help someone get this if you can get it for a reasonable price and pay for a fishing charter. It seems steep with no pod installed yet, but a new 25 fully loaded just sold for about 215k USD, so maybe a 27 LOA it isn't too out of range at 35k but I think there are better projects out there locally https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/900000475161137/
Interesting, I have never seen a C-Dory pod project, but there is at least one documented on cbrats http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=22511&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 But I think I would agree there are better projects to be found, that boat looks like it has a hard life.

I’d love to see how that thing handles pounding through a 20 knot chop. Also I am skeptical of Parsun motors being Yamaha serviceable. I know they share some parts, but does anyone know what the deal is?
I’ve owned a 15hp and that thing was a pos, brand new and problems started 2 season, starter fell apart, then hard to start with pull cord, sold ut with the boat it was on

I’ve owned a 15hp and that thing was a pos, brand new and problems started 2 season, starter fell apart, then hard to start with pull cord, sold ut with the boat it was on
I picked up a 3.5 for dirt cheap that had like 2 hours on it and then sat in a shed. Cleaned the carb, changed fluids, and it ran fine, but then I noticed a puddle of motor oil forming under it an hour later. Assumed the oil pan gasket or oil pan failed, and it has sat on a stand in the garage since. Unimpressed by build/parts quality when I was working on it.

I’d love to see how that thing handles pounding through a 20 knot chop. Also I am skeptical of Parsun motors being Yamaha serviceable. I know they share some parts, but does anyone know what the deal is?
The deal is, It seems to be a free motor! If a Yamaha 115 upgrade is $15000… I paid Less than than $15000 for a new one a couple years ago. So in theory they are paying you to put a Parsun motor on your boat. (Don’t do it)

Back