Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

So I have this under deposit pending survey! I will refrain from posting too much about it until it is a done deal, hopefully next week. Partly out of superstition and partly because it's not my boat (yet). That said, if anyone is willing to entertain some newbie questions via PM I would welcome the advice of those that have been through the process more times than me, especially in the Nanaimo area. This is admittedly a big jump up from my 14' lake boat, and I have questions about insurance, moorage vs dry storage and general outfitting/maintenance etc.
The Arima Sea Ranger posted a few weeks back is sold. To me. Brought it home today. Even managed to back it up my ***** of a driveway without too much cursing. What's the standard protocol around here for asking advice on boat fit outs and repairs/maintence? I'm going to need it. Just start a thread in the boats and trailers section specific to the boat, or specific to the question ABOUT the boat? First up is fibreglass stuff, followed by trailer stuff.

20230612_183858.jpg
20230626_160019.jpg

The Arima Sea Ranger posted a few weeks back is sold. To me. Brought it home today. Even managed to back it up my ***** of a driveway without too much cursing. What's the standard protocol around here for asking advice on boat fit outs and repairs/maintence? I'm going to need it. Just start a thread in the boats and trailers section specific to the boat, or specific to the question ABOUT the boat? First up is fibreglass stuff, followed by trailer stuff.

View attachment 94059
View attachment 94058
I never saw this boat for sale. Where was it? What do you need to do to the hull?

I never saw this boat for sale. Where was it? What do you need to do to the hull?
It was in Nanaimo, which is convenient since so am I. There are various scuffs, some gouges, and some areas where it is worn to the mat. Mostly on corners, like the stern, chines, and keel. Nothing structural, but they beached this boat and it shows. Trying to figure out if it is worth trying to teach myself this skill, or work out a deal with someone who already has it. I'll start a separate thread so as to not hijack this one.

View attachment 94059
View attachment 94058
Start a thread, members are really good at giving advice and spending your money.
Take lots of pictures, everybody happy!

Interesting boat but I wonder if they have any pictures from this millennium?

Weatherman said to prepare for the mid 80's, I guess they got confused by the message.

Back