Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

The price of this is crazy.
This has been listed for a while, he just dropped the price (was most recently at 72,500) and changed the first pic of the ad. If I recall correctly they started at 77k.

There was (or maybe still is) 3 2359’s in/around the lower mainland (this being one of them) posted recently for either side of 70k.

1995 Double Eagle Alaskan Bulkhead
$40,000.

View attachment 94102View attachment 94103

Save $3k and respond to the original ad. The interior wasn’t great if I remember correctly. It’s been for sale for quite awhile.

This looks familiar, the name on the transom, maybe a re-list from last year.

I wonder if an offer of 60k without most of the extras would be enticing. I have almost everything to put on the boat. Ie puller and riggers and rods and bumpers. 800 hours on these engines isn’t high but it isn’t low. What you guys think? The boat looks reasonably maintained but the engine doesn’t look awesome? What you guys think. Engine compartments I guess are usually pretty dirty. Not sure.

I wonder if an offer of 60k without most of the extras would be enticing. I have almost everything to put on the boat. Ie puller and riggers and rods and bumpers. 800 hours on these engines isn’t high but it isn’t low. What you guys think? The boat looks reasonably maintained but the engine doesn’t look awesome? What you guys think. Engine compartments I guess are usually pretty dirty. Not sure.
I’m sure he wants to get rid of the extra too, but I think your offer is strong.

I have had two a 5.0 and a 5.7 go boom before 1000 hrs, also risers and manifolds are not fun to change on those, no room to work, had to pull the motor out to do it, so get a mechanic to look it over before you buy it, or have a fund jar ready to keep it running

Last edited:
if you click see other adds , he is a broker and has a bunch of boats listed

Have you looked at the Bertram and Monaro he has for sale too? Monaro at 40k seems like a better deal but until you are close up all three are a toss up. Bertram is in an other class of expense and ownership but saves you 2 footitus. 60k with everything would be a reasonable offer I’d think, but once you see a survey/mechanical inspection. When they counter, tell them to keep the extras that aren’t bolted on. Don’t get attached to what they are asking, in negotiation it’s called an anchor their first price. Make an offer that works for you and if it looks like a low ball it will get them to show their bottom line. Even if the broker brings up comparables that sold, just say interest rates are up and things have changed are there any other offers this week.

I’d personally prefer a different motor option. I’d go for a fuel injection mpi. Way smoother, better power, better fuel efficiency easier to start. I had issues with my 5.7 tks and it died around 800hrs.

I’d personally prefer a different motor option. I’d go for a fuel injection mpi. Way smoother, better power, better fuel efficiency easier to start. I had issues with my 5.7 tks and it died around 800hrs.
of the 3 currently available, it could come down to that, picking the best engine and drive combo.

2021 C-Dory 23' Venture - $124,000 (Burlington) USD. Pretty loaded other than heat and a stove.​

Back