Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

If the vessel fails the inspections and it's not just the buyer backing out I would hope it's refundable the seller can waste the buyers time just as much.....If you make a deposit with a broker it's refundable is it not?

I had this recently where the boat wouldn't even start when I got there.. I found out after arriving the photos were 8 years old as well, a complete mis representation of what I thought I was going to pick up. It looked awesome in the photos and just tortured in person. Straight neglect. Ferry money spent, deposit, and a whole day wasted. I left it up to the seller to "do the right thing" and give my deposit back. Needless to say I never saw a dime back. It's a fine line. If a buyer is just "shopping around" I would keep the deposit as well. Holding the deal up making you potentially miss other opportunities is not fair play. But if what they're selling is a complete farce from what they are advertising I think "refundable" or "non refundable" doesn't matter. The tricky part is when you voluntarily hand over money or goods to someone there's very little recourse so you're trusting them to be straight up. And if they were not straight up about the deal in the first place you can imagine how they'll treat a potential refund.. Needless to say Buyer beware

Stupid Samsung blows on the forums again...just replying to gongshow, I think there are issues around when you are eligible to recognize revenue through cra. In my business, ppresales is billed internally against the project but the meter starts running when we move ro write the statement of work calling the prepayment a retainer against t&m.

I had this recently where the boat wouldn't even start when I got there.. I found out after arriving the photos were 8 years old as well, a complete mis representation of what I thought I was going to pick up. It looked awesome in the photos and just tortured in person. Straight neglect. Ferry money spent, deposit, and a whole day wasted. I left it up to the seller to "do the right thing" and give my deposit back. Needless to say I never saw a dime back. It's a fine line. If a buyer is just "shopping around" I would keep the deposit as well. Holding the deal up making you potentially miss other opportunities is not fair play. But if what they're selling is a complete farce from what they are advertising I think "refundable" or "non refundable" doesn't matter. The tricky part is when you voluntarily hand over money or goods to someone there's very little recourse so you're trusting them to be straight up. And if they were not straight up about the deal in the first place you can imagine how they'll treat a potential refund.. Needless to say Buyer beware
Thats a terrible story, I"d be angry.....very angry.

Attachments

• F7C0894C-8CF9-4840-A386-F5BAB0737EE5.png
    F7C0894C-8CF9-4840-A386-F5BAB0737EE5.png
    572.9 KB · Views: 66
I can't see the add listing, however that's a sweet boat
I worked on a couple of those boats,I think they were also sold as Ennos /Saphire boats.A couple were built in Victoria with a sleeping quarter under the salon floor port side.Really nice layout,commercial style hull and economical to run.

Back