Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

It’s hard to guess the C$ value up here, old 2 stroke, no hardtop, no kicker, it looks like a 1999 or so model year. That 2 stroke would suck fuel and expensive 2 stroke oil, not ideal so need to factor in an eventual repower. But Grady bracket, no bottom paint is a bonus. US Price x 1.5 to get it into Canada.
1654550930144.png

This era of Suzuki outboards are known for engine holder corrosion ( steel plug in aluminum block). Lots of information on internet.
Is there a way to check for this, I just paid a deposit and am going to look at it tomorrow, is there anything else I should look for other then making sure there is no rot in the floor and transom

Is there a way to check for this, I just paid a deposit and am going to look at it tomorrow, is there anything else I should look for other then making sure there is no rot in the floor and transom
Do you have a surveyor and mechanic (mobile or otherwise) on a short leash?

RE Suzuki, something to look for or ask the owner if it has been already addressed.

If you own a Suzuki DF 90-140 years 99-2008, you need to check for corrosion on a plug that is located on the "engine holder" on the port side. It was originally designed for a O2 sensor that never materialized. The problem is, the engine holder is aluminum, but the plug is steel. These dis-similar touching metals cause corrosion from the inside out. If left unchecked, it will corrode thru and blow out the side, or worse yet, blow internally causing exhaust to fill the engine case. This corrosion is happening with engines less than 200 hours! This plug is located on the port side, to see it, you need to remove the cowling. I have about 500 hrs on my Zuk, and the plug was just about corroded all the way thru. SCARY!

Back