Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

that would suck............having a million dollar mortgage
Haha I'm not sure why I got quoted in this but it's very fitting. We're at 1.6 with multiple properties and a wife that doesn't work. We will figure it out and I'm sure in 5-10 years it'll all be worth it.

Not much fun money for me but I did buy an inflatable which will be fun.

Haha I'm not sure why I got quoted in this but it's very fitting. We're at 1.6 with multiple properties and a wife that doesn't work. We will figure it out and I'm sure in 5-10 years it'll all be worth it.
ya sorry buddy that was a typo I tried to reply to your comment on the Campion 622 that sold in a day and I couldnt delete it all for some reason...
I think something was up with that price / deal , seemed way to good to be true , granted the boat was 35 years old

That 400 per mil will be closer to 600 by EOY as rates continue to increase. Factor in food, gas and an average family will be spending 600-1k more per month on essentials. Toys will be the first to go, I think by this time next year there will be an epic sale on boats. That was my call earlier in the thread, seems to be starting.

A well maintained boat is always tough to find, some soppy marina stuff may be fire saled but meanwhile Quinn and Norm keep listing their flips and they will sell, since new stuff will still be 85k for a 542…for example.
I'd agree. The "deals" I've seen are pretty suspect. What are the chances a 30 yo campion that's real cheap isn't due for a 30k structural... we might be passed the hype with guys buying total **** for real money but boats ain't anywhere near cheap

And people who bought during covid are just finding out now how much it costs to own a boat. Gonna be some good deals to had in the near future.
100%. I was saying that in 2020 when the prices started to climb. So far I've been wrong and continue to be wrong but I still believe that there will be a harsh reality check. I'm still hopeful we will get back into a really nice boat at a really good price (not that I'm wishing misery on anyone).

Even during the crazy prices and sales there were still some boats that were priced less than what they could have sold for. Being a prepared buyer makes a big difference.

Million dollar mortgage are certainly a thing that's more common than not today, average salaries haven't kept up to afford them so all the other middle class things - like boats, vacations, and saving for your kids education are the first to go...

I'm just shopping for a house on the island after almost 12 years out of province and can't believe where house prices have gone mid-island.

Looking to pick up a 25-27 aluminum with a cuddy after I get there... so hopefully what I have to overspend on for a house, I can at least make up a bit on the boat when the prices fall.

$24,500 · 17' Lifetimer Center Console

Is this a deal?
Yes. With the extended transom and all the extras. Some guys would say it is underpowered but check if it has the same block/displacement as the 115? If most of the passengers are light it should travel pretty good but it won't do much over 30kn even with a light load I would think.

The obo part helps. That is fully rigged to go fishing right now. Think of all the extras you would have the reach into your wallet for to outfit a boat like that.
Always been curious. How do you guys interpret OBO?

some say it means they’re mostly accepting offers over asking while others think it means they’d take an offer less than their asking.

Always been curious. How do you guys interpret OBO?

some say it means they’re mostly accepting offers over asking while others think it means they’d take an offer less than their asking.
Check out the seller details, she has had a lot of stuff for sale, and the bigger ticket items have had price reductions after not selling, which could mean she/they are reasonable and will look at an offer.

Back