Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

2004 Parker 2120, $78,500. Saanich.

View attachment 71309View attachment 71308View attachment 71310
I'm going to go see it tomorrow, any ideas on what kind of paper work I should bring for throwing a deposit down on it? Was thinking about writing up a contract for purchase subject to hull survey and sea trail. I don't think I would need to get the engines checked out? Maybe just see if he has the paperwork from the 100hr service it just got?

I'm going to go see it tomorrow, any ideas on what kind of paper work I should bring for throwing a deposit down on it? Was thinking about writing up a contract for purchase subject to hull survey and sea trail. I don't think I would need to get the engines checked out? Maybe just see if he has the paperwork from the 100hr service it just got?

https://images.template.net/wp-cont...6215030/Watercraft-Bill-of-Sale-Printable.pdf

If the seller has lots of interest, you might want to send a deposit now, if it is the boat for you after all the due diligence. Within an e-transfer copy is room for some details like what the deposit is for, what is included etc...then you have some back up for the deposit monies.

Do you have a surveyor on a short leash? Getting a shop to do compression and fluids testing is not guaranteed now due to fall season and the winterizing business going on. If there is warranty, that will be helpful.

Is that Defiance at Thunderbird also of interest? No trailer though, I believe.

Last edited:
I’m a huge fan of the Parker’s. Chased the 2120 for a few years. I think it’s a solid boat, slightly lower gunnels than I like but well built and self bailing.

I was close to purchasing two separate ones from the east coast. Both priced around $30k usd mid pandemic with original Yamaha’s.

This thing is loaded up but I would say the seller is getting every $ he spent back at that price. Not necessarily a bad deal but you’re probably just saving the labour costs IMO.

I’d really gauge the interest on it before you go in at full pop

I’m a huge fan of the Parker’s. Chased the 2120 for a few years. I think it’s a solid boat, slightly lower gunnels than I like but well built and self bailing.

I was close to purchasing two separate ones from the east coast. Both priced around $30k usd mid pandemic with original Yamaha’s.

This thing is loaded up but I would say the seller is getting every $ he spent back at that price. Not necessarily a bad deal but you’re probably just saving the labour costs IMO.

I’d really gauge the interest on it before you go in at full pop
How do you think I should gauge the interest?

How do you think I should gauge the interest?
Should be pretty obvious if the guys inundated with calls and emails. He should be pretty easy to read.

But if not I would personally just be prepared to make an offer under asking. Lately it’s been so crazy everyone just assumed they had to pay full asking.

I see this as a 68k boat max. Check the east coast listings. Lots out there for under $30k usd with original power.

New trailer 10k, new engine (2020? How many years warranty?) 30k, looks like a new kicker 6k, electronics autopilot 10k. I have the same autopilot nav, but mine is an older system. Wonder what condition the hull is in but nice to see someone drop 56k into a solid reputation hull. Looks like a bigger boat 26 loa and 8’6” beam. No used ones on yacht world. Those windows look nice. Good luck!

Remember Parkers are north carolina boats and use wood core on everything. I own a Parker and if stuff hasnt been sealed well over the years it can lead to trouble eapecially the two inspection hatches in the deck over the fuel tank. Hard for a surveyor to see water under the foam and tank, but alot have that problem. I looked at serveral that suffered that issue. Dont let wood core scare you just be aware what can happen.
that package looks well put together. I know what i have into mine with a similar electronics set up minus the new power as mine has the 200 yammie from factory. His price is very fair. If you try to bring a 30k usd bare bones boat here and do what he did it will not be cheap. Ive done it.
Id jump on that set up in a heart beat if i was in the market. I bet it sells for full asking no problem.

Last edited:
Remember Parkers are north carolina boats and use wood core on everything. I own a Parker and if stuff hasnt been sealed well over the years it can lead to trouble eapecially the two inspection hatches in the deck over the fuel tank. Hard for a surveyor to see water under the foam and tank, but alot have that problem. I looked at serveral that suffered that issue. Dont let wood core scare you just be aware what can happen.
that package looks well put together. I know what i have into mine with a similar electronics set up minus the new power as mine has the 200 yammie from factory. His price is very fair. If you try to bring a 30k usd bare bones boat here and do what he did it will not be cheap. Ive done it.
Id jump on that set up in a heart beat if i was in the market. I bet it sells for full asking no problem.
Spot on, nice to hear from someone who has the exact boat. People often overlook the time it takes to get an old boat dialled in. A buddy is now about 20k into time and money getting his kicker/remote/steering/bracket/tie bar setup. That includes haul outs, at a dealership and taxes. Took the dealer three times to get the kicker set up correctly and it was dozens of hours of his time.

The time and money into a good electronics autopilot is about the same.

If you can do a sea trail on a boat and know it just did 100 hours in race for the blue and salmon fishing it is worth 100k more than that Seasport project above!

Spot on, nice to hear from someone who has the exact boat. People often overlook the time it takes to get an old boat dialled in. A buddy is now about 20k into time and money getting his kicker/remote/steering/bracket/tie bar setup. That includes haul outs, at a dealership and taxes. Took the dealer three times to get the kicker set up correctly and it was dozens of hours of his time.

The time and money into a good electronics autopilot is about the same.

If you can do a sea trail on a boat and know it just did 100 hours in race for the blue and salmon fishing it is worth 100k more than that Seasport project

hes done it right for a 21 parker. Its dialed in and about as good as you can get electronics and power wise.
ive got the Garmin equivalent of his electronics set up and know it wasnt cheap.
I bet that 225 mercury makes that a really efficient boat. I average 3miles/gallon loaded at a mid 20s cruise. So i bet if hes propped right he does the same or better. I have the heavier v6 200 also
If anyone thats interested in it and has questions about a parker 21 just shoot me a message id be happy to help. Can even come see mine if you want to have a comparison. Its in sidney
But like i said before thats a proper set up and id be all over it if i was in the market. Not the absurdly over priced junk thats been posted for sale the last few months in BC
C2F58D9D-85F4-4D14-A22A-1F8125A719BC.jpegBA89A933-F063-4C03-ABB3-2985BC1DADFE.jpeg

hes done it right for a 21 parker. Its dialed in and about as good as you can get electronics and power wise.
ive got the Garmin equivalent of his electronics set up and know it wasnt cheap.
I bet that 225 mercury makes that a really efficient boat. I average 3miles/gallon loaded at a mid 20s cruise. So i bet if hes propped right he does the same or better. I have the heavier v6 200 also
If anyone thats interested in it and has questions about a parker 21 just shoot me a message id be happy to help. Can even come see mine if you want to have a comparison. Its in sidney
But like i said before thats a proper set up and id be all over it if i was in the market. Not the absurdly over priced junk thats been posted for sale the last few months in BC
View attachment 71333View attachment 71334
Wicked economy for a boat that size and with a full cabin, what's your top speed?

Back