Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

You do not get nailed with both. The province decided to charge a 'special' PST on used boats cars and planes that is the same as GST plus PST.
Not to go off topic but wow I really hate our governments both provincial and federal. Thank you for the heads up on this guys might not be looking state side for a boat after all.

Good looking campion 542 with Yamaha 150 for $30k
Not to go off topic but wow I really hate our governments both provincial and federal. Thank you for the heads up on this guys might not be looking state side for a boat after all.
I bet that Campion is gone quick!

Only way to get a tax discount is to be creative with separate receipts for accessories and if you don't plany on keeping the main motor put that on a separate receipt as well, if you find sympathetic private seller but be careful the tax man is watching, he likes to fish too! The other way is to put it in a corporation, I believe you may have some some gst advantage and if you are an active buyer and seller you might be able to write some of it off, but I'm not sure what the break even point is for that and once again this tax advice is worth what you are paying for it.

With the post about the Glas Ply molds the other day, I had no idea they made a centre console, unless this was a modified version by others.

View attachment 71013View attachment 71012
A buddy had one of these center consoles that we power mooched at Active and Porlier pass back in the 80’s. Was a sweet fishing platform with a 200 black max and a 9.9 Honda.

A buddy had one of these center consoles that we power mooched at Active and Porlier pass back in the 80’s. Was a sweet fishing platform with a 200 black max and a 9.9 Honda.
So it is not a one off? I see it has a covered bow that made me think it was a conversion. Actually quite handy as the boat is fairly long.

It’s the same on a boat you buy locally, so if the tax is the deal breaker? You get the joy of paying 12% no matter which side of the border you purchase the boat on.

So that used hull is worth $130k?

I can’t even sort out when something is grossly overpriced or I am just unaware. Up is down these days.
Have to agree with you.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/boa/d/saanich-west-24-welded-aluminum-boat/7383700131.html
Although those suspension seats are nice without a reputable builder and design I couldn't put a price on that boat. It doesn't look like a classic west coast designed hull and cabin which are designed over decades because they work. 100k should get you a lot and 150 should get you a hell of a lot of boat.

Back