Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Not even close. This is a block from me:

Yep. My girlfriend and I are house hunting in Victoria. Still expensive, but at least a Million cheaper. Which you know is a lot of money, but still much more doable. We could take big pay cuts and still be better off.

No way this is sustainable for the real estate market. If this continues the next generation will have no chance at home ownership, condo maybe. On the island prices are higher as well but Victoria is just stupid now, a dump in saanich on a standard lot now over 1 mill. I just cant image spending that amount of money on a dump, insanity.

No way this is sustainable for the real estate market. If this continues the next generation will have no chance at home ownership, condo maybe. On the island prices are higher as well but Victoria is just stupid now, a dump in saanich on a standard lot now over 1 mill. I just cant image spending that amount of money on a dump, insanity.
When my buddy bought his place in Courtney for $580 the neighbor's looked at him like he was some kind of drug king pin. I guess that's expensive there.

Circumstances on that one though, 1.7 was not market value. The lot was over 170 feet deep, amongst other details
What would you have priced it at? I think 2.2 would have still been a huge ask for a busy street like Vic Drive.

I mean if the lot size alone makes it worth that then what the hell is mine worth at maybe a 10% smaller lot with an award winning laneway house and $3800 rental income coming in from the main house? 2.4? 2.5? I'll take it.

What would you have priced it at? I think 2.2 would have still been a huge ask for a busy street like Vic Drive.

I mean if the lot size alone makes it worth that then what the hell is mine worth at maybe a 10% smaller lot with an award winning laneway house and $3800 rental income coming in from the main house? 2.4? 2.5? I'll take it.
That is the quiet part of Victoria Drive though. House was fully renovated, a new house on a 33 x 122 lot would be well over 2.2 mil and the FSR capability is so much greater on this one. There is a rumour of some assembly happening in that area as well, that this purchase may play into it.

That is the quiet part of Victoria Drive though. House was fully renovated, a new house on a 33 x 122 lot would be well over 2.2 mil and the FSR capability is so much greater on this one. There is a rumour of some assembly happening in that area as well, that this purchase may play into it.
That's kind of what I assumed about the assembly. But I'd hardly call that a quiet street.

When my buddy bought his place in Courtney for $580 the neighbor's looked at him like he was some kind of drug king pin. I guess that's expensive there.
Maybe 4 years ago. Only a 2&2 bungalow in the old town goes for that now. 650k is the floor for reasonable package, add another couple hundred or more for something you want.
Our friends have been held up in our basement suite for 3 months as they try to buy a place in the Valley. They bid over ask three times prior to buying a basic spec house pre construction for 750k... it's hot all over.

Courtenay real estate is nuts right now, a house down the road from us was listed at $995,000 last fall, rural on 5 acres, there was a bidding war and it sold for $1.3 million. A young family from Vancouver bought it, most likely cashed out their lower mainland equity and are close to mortgage free .

2008 Lifetimer 18’ CC with T top. $37,500.

View attachment 63143
Rare opportunity, sounds like a realtor selling it! It will be back on the market next year after the 22 year old that works at the mill, gets shacked up and his girlfriend wants to be warm on the water.

Back