Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I actually like the idea of it, it’s a throwback to their old explorer series from the 80s where it was mostly cabin and enclosed area with a little bit of open deck space. Depending on where you use it, it might be perfect for you. You’ll need a long handled net for getting the fish on board though.
Underpowered

2011 Bayliner Discovery 266 @ $55,000

View attachment 96651

What do you think of this?
It’s a nice looking small family 4 season boat, good for mooring in Sidney and exploring the gulf islands and San Juans. It says it sleeps 2 but I believe it has a quarter/coffin berth. Shorter range and would perform best with a light packing family of 3 with everyone under 200lbs. The rear canvas is a nice feature, my brother uses his Bayliner with his family 12 months a year and canvas is key.

Priced for the cost of inboard maintenance a 2011 - 26 boat with outboard would cost well over 100k, but out boards don’t have things like Transom assembly’s to replace. With no trailer you will be paying for haul outs for maintenance.

I can’t see if it has a windlass? Be nice to know how much chain if the Bruce anchor comes with it.

Looks like a nice chart plotter.

I’m not a fan of the manual hand pump toilet, you can upgrade.

What would you use it for?

The older Bayliner just posted might be a good option, comes with a kicker and way more space.

Last edited:
What would you use it for?
A great question! I co-own a boat with my buddy. 13 years and for the last 10 years we have had a double Eagle 206. We do day trips out of Vancouver. But also big trips for 2 weeks at a time.

We are ready to trade up but have different “perfect boats” Rick is ready to buy a 31’ Boston whaler with 500-600hp for $300k+ and I’m more of a sub-$100k shopper.

I don’t know what my best boat would be actually. And when I look at the boats posted on here I realise I don’t really know much about buying boats and what is good value etc.

We have managed some epic journeys on the DE 206. It has great range with a 400 litre tank.

Just did 10 days Prince Rupert-Dundas-Alaska border-Work Channel in June. Then in July flew back to PR and fished down to Port Hardy for another 14 days with 14 of the 24 days total dropping anchor in remote bays along the way. It was amazing.

I like the glacier bay you posted. Would prefer it had an enclosed cabin tho.

If we could find an upgrade we are both happy with that would be great. Because it’s not so much the boat you have, it’s more the trips you are prepared and able to take in that boat and the memories you make with it that really count.

…I think I should start a separate post…

Last edited:
A great question! I co-own a boat with my buddy. 13 years and for the last 10 years we have had a double Eagle 206. We do day trips out of Vancouver. But also big trips for 2 weeks at a time.

We are ready to trade up but have different “perfect boats” Rick is ready to buy a 31’ Boston whaler with 500-600hp for $300k+ and I’m more of a sub-$100k shopper.

I don’t know what my best boat would be actually. And when I look at the boats posted on here I realise I don’t really know much about buying boats and what is good value etc.

We have managed some epic journeys on the DE 206. It has great range with a 400 litre tank.

Just did 10 days Prince Rupert-Dundas-Alaska border-Work Channel in June. Then in July flew back to PR and fished down to Port Hardy for another 14 days with 14 of the 24 days total dropping anchor in remote bays along the way. It was amazing.

I like the glacier bay you posted. Would prefer it had an enclosed cabin tho.

If we could find an upgrade we are both happy with that would be great. Because it’s not so much the boat you have, it’s more the trips you are prepared and able to take in that boat and the memories you make with it that really count.

…I think I should start a separate post…
Sick! Take your time, I went from 18-26 feet and it was a big expensive jump. I had a boat partner who left me for 40 foot Bayliner and an 18 foot campion, he is just not a one boat guy! It doesn’t sound like the Bayliner inboards would be a great fit.

I have a friend who was willing to split his 100k 285 500hp Boston whaler but I couldn’t stomach the increased fuel bill, towing issues and maintenance costs.

I love the idea of a Cat and made an offer on a 24 C-Dory tomcat which has an enclosed cabin, but we couldn’t come to a deal due to the condition of the hull after being beached without a keel saver.

I chose a c-dory 25 because it can do everything you describe and not have to go for fuel all the time. On our 200mile trip to Rivers Inlet and back the inboards with 5.7L had fuel issues visiting the fuel dock multiple times. I got fuel but didn’t need to, just the fear of a wonky fuel gage and the reality of having to run and get fuel for one of our buddy boats called for a top up.

Sounds like something with a good range, trailerable 10 feet wide or less? What’s your tow vehicle? Separate stand up head? 1 or 2 berths? I agree a separate thread is a great idea.

Back