Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

2000 Bayliner 2359 Trophy HardTop - $35,000 (Auburn)​

View attachment 94646View attachment 94647View attachment 94648
This boat looks pretty clean. I just emailed the guy and asked for more pics. We'll see where it goes.

This boat looks pretty clean. I just emailed the guy and asked for more pics. We'll see where it goes.
Pics are just pics, get a survey and go look at it, I know it’s a pain but it’s the only way, once that check out, go for a sea trial. If you need a surveyor pm me I will put you in contact with the surveyor I used when I went on a 2 week boat shopping spree down there lol. It will cost you 50k plus to get it on this side of the border

Pics are just pics, get a survey and go look at it, I know it’s a pain but it’s the only way, once that check out, go for a sea trial. If you need a surveyor pm me I will put you in contact with the surveyor I used when I went on a 2 week boat shopping spree down there lol
Awesome.

What's the short story of Pro vs non-pro? Is it just a matter of year of production? Or were the two types sold alongside one another?
I believe it evolved over time to the Pro having composite stringers and transom internally. There might have been more lockers, fish holds etc. Need to see an old brochure.

I believe it evolved over time to the Pro having composite stringers and transom internally. There might have been more lockers, fish holds etc. Need to see an old brochure.
Something I learned when I had a survey done on a 2359, you’re not getting a composite transom, it’s still wood. This was on a ‘04 ‘pro’, stringers yes, transom no

Something I learned when I had a survey done on a 2359, you’re not getting a composite transom, it’s still wood. This was on a ‘04 ‘pro’, stringers yes, transom no

Found this, stringers for sure.

Construction Features
Color-Coded Electrical System
Fiberglass Foam-Filled Stringer System
Handlaid Fiberglass
Heavy-Duty Marine-Grade Vinyls: Expanded Back
Mildew & Slip-Resistant Vinyl Floor
Textured Surface Decks: ("Aggressive Grip")
Transferable Limited 10-Year Structural Hull Warranty
Vinylester Skin Coat (Hull)

Pt plywood transom (green stuff) still gets wet, takes longer to rot, stringer are foam filled imo worst then wood covered in glass if done properly , I’ve seen a few foam filled stringer that where scary , like to the point there is no f… way I was even getting in that boat. Note, I have not looked that close to the newer trophy, but the older ones, every thing that was tab in to the hull was regular ply tab in with a chop gun, really bad job at it too, it was all coming apart, mine where a1995 and a 1998. Maybe the trophy line are better after 2000 not sure, one thing I know for sure from being on one is they still bob like cork at rest in a bumpy sea,the good ole eggshell hull

Last edited:
Back