Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I had twin suzuki 140's on a 24' lifetimer and it topped out at 40mph. Cruise was around 26mph. Twin 115's should perform well on a 22'.

Roger. The 115s will be fine with that hull and are with most 22s. It ain't a tank like an eaglecraft. Beam at the waterline with the lifetimers is thinner than many 8.5 boats.
we'd be downgrading? from a grady gulfstream.. might be hard to give up a foot of beam but I really want a pilothouse and aluminum for accessing the remote locations we frequent (have to load and unload while beached). Also like the idea of being able to tow it behind something that isn't a 1 ton.

we'd be downgrading? from a grady gulfstream.. might be hard to give up a foot of beam but I really want a pilothouse and aluminum for accessing the remote locations we frequent (have to load and unload while beached). Also like the idea of being able to tow it behind something that isn't a 1 ton.
As far as I understand its just the beam at the waterline, the usable floor space should be the same as most 8.6’ beam boats. @seabeyond will be able to confirm though. What’s the beam on your gulf stream?

2006 Aluminum Chambered Boat ACB 26' sports fisherman​

$149,000 CAD.

Looks like he is rocking my MR2's. Newer 300hp merc on the back. Built for speed/safety not for looks and comfort.

I guided 1 year for my buddy Dave Sund when he had the lodge on Malcolm island and he had 3 of these. definately not built for looks but a great platform to fish from.

Do you think twin 115hps is sufficient for this? Hull wise this is really in line with what I want to swap out for.
Yes that's enough power. I have twin 115s on my 23 Walker and it does 47mph and can do 25mph on plane on one engine. I'd look carefully for corrosion below waterline though, that bottom paint looks pretty neglected. If everything checks out that's a decent deal IMO.

As far as I understand its just the beam at the waterline, the usable floor space should be the same as most 8.6’ beam boats. @seabeyond will be able to confirm though. What’s the beam on your gulf stream?
Maxpri, I haven't seen this exact lifetimer in person. My experience with the lifetimer hull is theytaper more from the top of the gunnel to the waterline than your average aluminum boat. That goes for their big boats too. The walls of the house taper towards the midline in their boats more than the average as well. A 10.5 wide lifetimer has notably less beam at the deck then a silver streak/ Northwest for instance. It was very notable in the 17 lifetimer I had years ago relative to the competition. A 32x 10.5 we looked at used a couple years ago was the same idea. The late model center con lifetimer on our dock has the hard taper too.

Wonder how this one will do, the one in comox with twin 2006ish Hondas was listed for similar than dropped and sat at 105k, removed now. Newer power and trailer makes this one nice.

Pretty ideal platform to just fish from. Lots of room to get around the boat, lots of room to net, no kicker or big pod to contend with. I'd tow that from a yacht.
2004 Northwest Jet Signature Series
$73,000 US

View attachment 90282
View attachment 90283
my buddy had this exact boat and it slapped harder than will smith. to be fair it’s original purpose was hunting large river systems way up north. 😀

Wonder how this one will do, the one in comox with twin 2006ish Hondas was listed for similar than dropped and sat at 105k, removed now. Newer power and trailer makes this one nice.
Lots of good things going for it and the price seems to be inline with others on the market well equipped. Still 30k of crazy world pricing in my opinion.

That one in Courtney was bought the year before listed for 98k guy dumped a bunch of money in electronics then put it up for sale. Add must have just been pulled as it was up a couple weeks ago.

First two are the same boat one year apart. Third is pre Covid pricing.

Attachments

• 24B97415-FF0D-4707-A772-6DCB68B97382.png
    24B97415-FF0D-4707-A772-6DCB68B97382.png
    714.6 KB · Views: 88
  • A4540979-CF20-4606-8F39-21731C5AC149.png
    A4540979-CF20-4606-8F39-21731C5AC149.png
    506.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 48C01447-4B0B-4855-99B5-E22FA555A8F2.png
    48C01447-4B0B-4855-99B5-E22FA555A8F2.png
    510.5 KB · Views: 88
Lots of good things going for it and the price seems to be inline with others on the market well equipped. Still 30k of crazy world pricing in my opinion.

That one in Courtney was bought the year before listed for 98k guy dumped a bunch of money in electronics then put it up for sale. Add must have just been pulled as it was up a couple weeks ago.

First two are the same boat one year apart. Third is pre Covid pricing.
I agree. Clean looking boat but priced real steep at almost $150000 taxes included. Almost 10 year old power. Old electronics. That ain't a 2014 300 zuk/ yam on there either which is more widely appreciated in the used market.

I think this is the type of thing that sold last year at 110-120k that won't this year. Lots of stuff has sat on the market this winter.

Back