Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

There's a really clean Double Eagle for sale on the Vancouver Island Boats Facebook group.

-Double Eagle 176EXL 2016 Mercury 75hp - $19,000

No trailer though.

I know a few people who fish solo ;). You must be running a 200 yami on your runs to the flats?

Most of us fish with 2-3 people max. I run a 150 on a fully loaded 25.5 foot boat and although I’d love another 50hp the few times I head out on calm days, I don’t miss it because I never have had it. No one knew they need a 400hp pickup in the 70s and 80s...but now there is no way we could tow with 250hp.

Last edited:
Not saying it’s a bad deal, or not reliable or not practical. I just think those are not good looking boats. There, I said it.

"Help! My Bayliner leaks like a Bayliner" - RainCity, 2017

And you don't know how ugly it is when you're lounging in the cabin ;) Just wear a mask when you're pulling into the marina so no one recognizes you.

75hp on a 17 DE is fine for two and will work for 3 adults.

It’s not going to be fast but it’s going to plane fine and in the chop you’ll go as quick as everyone else.

I went to Galleon today to look at this after seeing the post. Thinking it's a clean boat you can get into without getting hurt on resale in a few years. Boat is clean, well cared for. A great value for the price they are asking with all service records and those strong Yamaha 150s.

Room under the hardtop is only about 6' which for most people is fine. For me it is 4" too short.

If you're looking for a good trailerable size boat that can handle some water you could do worse than this one at this ask...

Nice boat, ive been on it.... but way to much for what it is. Your looking at a repower minimum, and the trailer has seen better days.

How can you start with a low ball, with it priced like that and having to pay tax on it? With no top, definitely doesn't make it a perfect west coast boat. No brakes on the trailer, so you'd be lucky to get it home. Expensive project. If I was going to bang my knees I would buy this.

https://nanaimo.craigslist.org/boa/d/port-alberni-aluminum-boat-21/6984108566.html

Back