Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Pod it, couple 350 zukes would do it well! Alot of the older berts had just the station up on the bridge, was an option to add an additional helm down below.
That's probably to much boat for twin zuks. That things a beast at 25k lbs. Some boats are better not prodded. I think that's a good boat on shafts. Bertram doesn't get much wrong.

Nice!

1989 Houston 1901. $29,900.

Older 19 Ft Houston completely overhauled. New transom, new stringers, new floor, new sides, new foam, new wiring with dual batteries, new hydraulic steering hoses, rear steering, new fuel filter and fuel lines. New VHF radio and Lowrance fish finder. Has new pod with 2015 Suzuki DF140a with 855 hours, Yamaha 9.9 electric kicker 2013. The trailer is a Calkin dual axle trailer with stainless steel brakes with new style calipers and new brake line.

233EBA00-4296-4165-BCB2-7D00D3653DB7.jpeg06763A43-C55C-4798-927D-F84E107993E2.jpegB12F3DA3-D87B-4678-A8CF-B498F09B0B83.jpeg3916B265-D4F2-45CE-829C-67D19D4E8E7A.jpeg0E962D53-9FE4-402E-9E6B-765492B32C0C.jpeg

What's not working with your kicker @Rain City? I have a 25hp hi-thrust pushing my 38' x 11', 19,000 pound boat no problem, even at Thrasher in the current... Is it not able to push that Commander??

A single 25 Hi-Thrust would handle that Bert no problem.
I have the 30 merc. Maybe it was just never intended to be a kicker. It's not bad pushing me straight forward but being offset, It's maneuvering isn't great. I'm fine with it, the only big issue is I have nothing in reverse because of the rev limiter. Again, not that I'd be expecting much.

I have the 30 merc. Maybe it was just never intended to be a kicker. It's not bad pushing me straight forward but being offset, It's maneuvering isn't great. I'm fine with it, the only big issue is I have nothing in reverse because of the rev limiter. Again, not that I'd be expecting much.
Almost certain that it's a mechanical lockout on the engines linkage assembly.

Why would those engines on the Jaxon Craft both have the same rotation? @Bill 310 ?

View attachment 88322
Lots of guys in CR do it. It’s really hard to get parts for your counter rotating motor, so lots go with two normal rotating. If you hit anything, better chance in getting bottom end parts, and getting back out there.

That's probably to much boat for twin zuks. That things a beast at 25k lbs. Some boats are better not prodded. I think that's a good boat on shafts. Bertram doesn't get much wrong.
Fine, triple 350's then :cool:. I don't think it would be too much for 700 hp, as the stock engines only put out just over 300 hp plus weigh 2x as much as the outboards. I couldn't imagine the fuel bill with twin 454's at cruise.

Can you fit a larger prop on it like a Pro-Kicker prop? Or is it already that size?

When you reverse, if you trim up so the reverse water flow is going more 'under the hull', does it help or do you ventilate/cavitate too easily?

Can you fit a larger prop on it like a Pro-Kicker prop? Or is it already that size?

When you reverse, if you trim up so the reverse water flow is going more 'under the hull', does it help or do you ventilate/cavitate too easily?
I was told by the dealer this was the best prop option for me. I haven't checked it myself. I usually do trim up when I try and reverse. Not a chance it would cavitate at the lame rpm's it hits

Back