Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

It's a 20 year old 2 stroke. Repower and pay your tax bill and you have a 60k, 17 footer.... I don't see how that's good value. Seems steep even in this market.
My comment was in general terms about smaller boats or smaller or mid size engines seemingly being the way to go with these high fuel prices. You may have a point about that particular listing though.

Used 2017 Boston Whaler for sale 345 Conquest

$639,000.00​

Mistake in ad states 2 engines photos show 3

View attachment 81134
I managed to out outfish a BW just a little smaller than this on Mothers day. Not much makes me happier than a guy spending 5X as much as me and catching less than 1/2 the fish. Mad respect when they do it to me, I was outfished by a 14 foot open Silver Streak a couple of years ago. Both in Sidney.

Pretty fair markup all things considered ! Likely sold around $36k in 2019

These were going anywhere from 45k-60k peak COVID. Very fair price relative to the last few years. Had my eye on them for a while but COVID pricing was too much for me. Buddy bought a 16 for 13k in 2018 and I thought he had overpayed by 1-2k. Now I’m seeing the 16s for sale for 25-30k. Absurd.

These were going anywhere from 45k-60k peak COVID. Very fair price relative to the last few years. Had my eye on them for a while but COVID pricing was too much for me. Buddy bought a 16 for 13k in 2018 and I thought he had overpayed by 1-2k. Now I’m seeing the 16s for sale for 25-30k. Absurd.
Really Cool boat tho… I usually don’t mind overpaying a bit if I get a good quality product or service.

I decided not to purchase an 05 22’ c dory (at the beginning of the pandemic) as I was flying out of town and couldn’t get my act together in time.

it was fully loaded, radar, 2019 twin Honda 45s, tandem trailer etc etc.

Price was $32k (Canadian). Now it’s apparently a $75k boat.

I decided not to purchase an 05 22’ c dory (at the beginning of the pandemic) as I was flying out of town and couldn’t get my act together in time.

it was fully loaded, radar, 2019 twin Honda 45s, tandem trailer etc etc.

Price was $32k (Canadian). Now it’s apparently a $75k boat.
That sounded like a good deal for new engines, I’m always partial to the full canvas/windlass/radar boats and would almost argue they are worth close to that if they are loaded. 75-80k for close to basic 22 seems rich to me. This one is a little newer but not to many of the premium features other than a wallas but likely went for that range. https://pacificboatbrokers.com/used.../c-dory-22-cuddy-cabin-sport-fisher.asp#specs

This is a good price. Newer lease return 115 Merc.

Nothing like Cuddy gas giving you great range! I don't even know why anyone has a built-in gas tank if you can just do this.

"The main underfloor gas tank is no longer operational - motor is currently plumbed to a Sceptre detachable deck tank under rear seats. Each tank gives about 20 miles of range at 27 mph cruise. Two spare jerry's in the cuddy gives 80 miles total. This system balance the boat better (much less weight at the transom) and eliminates problems with bad gas over the winter."

Nothing like Cuddy gas giving you great range! I don't even know why anyone has a built-in gas tank if you can just do this.

"The main underfloor gas tank is no longer operational - motor is currently plumbed to a Sceptre detachable deck tank under rear seats. Each tank gives about 20 miles of range at 27 mph cruise. Two spare jerry's in the cuddy gives 80 miles total. This system balance the boat better (much less weight at the transom) and eliminates problems with bad gas over the winter."
Whenever I post that model of boat and that vintage, I usually put a disclaimer in there to check for leaking fuel tanks. I was remiss this time. It appears to be another victim.

Back