Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

It has been posted and re-posted on various sites for at least a year, price has gone up again. There were a few in WA State for sale last year at the same time that were priced better. Saw it at Granville Island guest dock a few weeks ago. Small block Chevy and shaft drive, could be simple to maintain, fixed shaft angle might not be best though for varying water conditions as it is not yacht size like most fixed shaft boats..
I kind of like some of the Shamrocks - in theory I like them a lot - but they make some of the wettest god damned hulls I've ever seen. Maybe this is specific to a few models but I don't think I've ever seen one making ground in a bit of sea without looking like the occupants had chosen it over Cultus Lake because the waterslides were too dry for their liking.

I kind of like some of the Shamrocks - in theory I like them a lot - but they make some of the wettest god damned hulls I've ever seen. Maybe this is specific to a few models but I don't think I've ever seen one making ground in a bit of sea without looking like the occupants had chosen it over Cultus Lake because the waterslides were too dry for their liking.
The transom deadrise is certainly not west coast friendly, although they do plane fairly quickly.

I like this enclosed model, in WA State, has a shaft keel as well. Lovely dance floor, my goodness:

00303_kLg9Van2IbVz_0z40fD_1200x900.jpg01313_eG9ZsizryFSz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg00u0u_ixCsxtdUhjQz_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg01616_aMRzEIS7AoIz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg00y0y_5ed4hwMR2R5z_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg00606_dv9jOs7i6vrz_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

The transom deadrise is certainly not west coast friendly, although they do plane fairly quickly.

I like this enclosed model, in WA State, has a shaft keel as well. Lovely dance floor, my goodness:
I like the look of those as well. I really like the idea of a shaft drive inboard on a boat about that size. They're not quick but then I'm used to a 20 knot cruise.

But you could sure burn up a set of windshield wipers in one.

I like the look of those as well. I really like the idea of a shaft drive inboard on a boat about that size. They're not quick but then I'm used to a 20 knot cruise.

But you could sure burn up a set of windshield wipers in one.
First it's like a waterslide, now this style eats wipers...jeebus yipes! ;-)

Oh they're wet all right!

Here, I found a video of a Mackinaw running...have a look when they show the wake, there's really no sea at all but it chucks water everywhere at relatively slow speeds. About a minute and a half in, you really see it.

You could water ski behind that flat bottom.

Oh they're wet all right!

Here, I found a video of a Mackinaw running...have a look when they show the wake, there's really no sea at all but it chucks water everywhere at relatively slow speeds. About a minute and a half in, you really see it.

Yikes that's a lot of bow in the water for sure.

There must be something tragically wrong with this boat (aside the price)... been for sale for over a year!

1627485817026.png

There must be something tragically wrong with this boat (aside the price)... been for sale for over a year!

MERC 470...............love em or hate em.....mostly hate unless meticulously maintened and updated with modern components and excellent cooling is a must....even though rebuilt its going to be an adventure that will scare off alot of buyers.....my humble opinion

Back