Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

The steering wheel was funny. Two strokes definitely have their place just like smoking in bars, if the girls or fishing is hot enough I'll go! I would really like to know the difference in fuel burn, 4vs2 stroke, my buddy has 22 year old smokers, if anyone is upgrading their 200-250 four strokes he could use an upgrade.

15.5 Hourston with a yami 4 stroke, 10% price drop to $4950. Good for getting out this summer....

The steering wheel was funny. Two strokes definitely have their place just like smoking in bars, if the girls or fishing is hot enough I'll go! I would really like to know the difference in fuel burn, 4vs2 stroke, my buddy has 22 year old smokers, if anyone is upgrading their 200-250 four strokes he could use an upgrade.

15.5 Hourston with a yami 4 stroke, 10% price drop to $4950. Good for getting out this summer....
Fuel burn for two strokes vs four strokes is comparing apples to oranges. They are all different from each manufacturer…..but one thing is a fact which is every second stroke is a power stroke, which requires fuel. Those mercs were pretty thirsty in that vintage compared to a 4 stroke but man they made power, were easy to work on, parts are plentiful and cheap.

2019 Cutwater c-28 northwest edition $239,000 Doubt it has ever had bloody decks.
Stunning rig but is 100Gal/378.5L fuel capacity enough for a boat like that? I don't have a clue what the fuel burn would be on it just seems low for a cruiser.

Stunning rig but is 100Gal/378.5L fuel capacity enough for a boat like that? I don't have a clue what the fuel burn would be on it just seems low for a cruiser.
He will burn about 7.5 gph at 3100 rpm. About 6 gph at 2700 to 2800rpm.. I have twin D4 260’s with 160 gallons and fuel is not an issue. I have about a 350 mile range on a tank of gas

I disagree. I started with a two stroke and I’ll bet you did also because 30 odd years ago that’s all o/b”s were. That’s a great ride for someone starting out for sure. The negativity is why I don’t bother with this thread….I mean slagging a boat because of the steering wheel? Really?
Dude all I am saying is a 30 year old 2 stroke is good for a bunch of problems on the water, yes I have owned 2 stroke 20 years ago ,get it now, fair is fair would you pay 20k for that boat as is??? Honest question???I have towed many boats back to safety over the years and all but one where old 2 stokes is all I am saying, not a good choice for a new boater in my opinion, if you can turn a wrench and spend your fishing time fixing it over and over then fill your boots

Last edited:
Dude all I am saying is a 30 year old 2 stroke is good for a bunch of problems on the water, yes I have owned 2 stroke 20 years ago get it now, fair is fair would you pay 20k for that boat as is??? Honest question???
Which boat? The Viking is 15,000 and the Larson is 23,500.

1981 Hourston 17 with Merc 100 2-stroke on newer galvanized trailer
Aluminum plate on transom....check
Home-brew hardtop....check
Home-brew splashwell addition...check
$8000 asking price...probably gone within a day or two
Back up for sale. $7000. Listing says deal fell through.

Can't tell if the DIYs are a good sign or not.

I’d guess it would be enough for 99% of people, but loaded with the dingy, lead, ice, downriggers it would make big trips vancouver to Bamfield, or Victoria to Desolation, require a fill up which is fine almost anywhere you go. Even for an Alaska trip it would be fine unless you wanted to go cruising speed. If you throttle it back you could get a 400 mile range. https://www.boats.com/reviews/cutwater-28-versatile-and-fuel-efficient/

Back