Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I don’t think it needs new engine. Fuel injected Yamaha with low hours. Printout is good.
Dollar is getting better too
A 14 year old motor which was known for exhaust problems and has 1500 hours wont give us the peace of mind for the kind of fishing we do. It also needs a kicker and radar. To get that landed here on Vancouver Island and ready to fish I'm figuring we'd be into it for $130,000.
That is too much.

I don’t think it needs new engine. Fuel injected Yamaha with low hours. Printout is good.
Dollar is getting better too
Isn't this underpowered? Cruise RPM is about 4800 which according to graph is about 23mph. Why so many hours in the 1000 to 2000 rpm range? Tuna fishing?

I see it’s a 25’ now. Yep that’s a little light on power for sure. I bet 1000-1200rpm would be a troll speed a lot of the time on that.
You’re right Brian, if you do offshore fishing I would also want new power. A 350 or twin 175’s would be nice!

Last edited:
I'd be all over that pursuit if I wasnt stuck in volvo replacement longblock limbo...if someone wants to cut me a deal for a 26' island runner with a soon to be brand new 320gxi come and at me now while fomo is stuck in high gear!!!

Aka, I'm sick of being stuck on shore painting this weekend while we wait for a new motor blah.

25' Pursuit OS255 for sale - $70,000​

00M0M_8z875FWIDXBz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

This is how a for sale ad is done. Nice boat too.
I have a friend who has one of these with twin 150s. If you are looking for a well built good riding boat this is it.

25' Pursuit OS255 for sale - $70,000​

00M0M_8z875FWIDXBz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

This is how a for sale ad is done. Nice boat too.
Found this Pursuit down in Sac Town - bad for sale ad - but price seems right - Hopefully it's not a scam...haha https://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/d/antelope-2003-pursuit-2460-denali/7325254189.html

A 14 year old motor which was known for exhaust problems and has 1500 hours wont give us the peace of mind for the kind of fishing we do. It also needs a kicker and radar. To get that landed here on Vancouver Island and ready to fish I'm figuring we'd be into it for $130,000.
That is too much.
Those exhaust problems were cleaned up a couple years earlier if I remember correctly. But no arguing with wanting newer power.

I sold my previous boat because it was one of the years with the exhaust problem,2004-225 Yamaha.I believe it was 2000-2005 that didn't get the exhaust coating to prevent corrosion.It ran great the whole time I had it and probably still is,but I didn't want to have to repower at todays prices.

That pursuit is way under powered. A 300 is the right motor. Maybe more. Interestingly too, that transom takes up a ton of space. That boat has no more inside sq ft than my 23 ft Grady. Luv the boat but like everything it’s not perfect.

Last edited:
is this a joke? 25 hp??
I like how you can take a dump in front of your friends and family and still watch the rods

2100 Seaswirl Striper. C$43,500 (preview won't show and it is direct from Marketplace.)

View attachment 66105View attachment 66103View attachment 66104
That pursuit is way under powered. A 300 is the right motor. Maybe more. Interestingly too, that transom takes up a ton of space. That boat has no more inside sq ft than my 23 ft Grady. Luv the boat but like everything it’s not perfect.
For once I have to agree, that boat should have twin 150 at least, prop properly that 250 will push that boat, 1 or 2 on board with as less gear and gas as possible, no speed demon but will plane lol

I will disagree with some of that, that 250 will push that fine. Yes it’s not ideal but would be ok. Those 25 os hulls are very similar to the previous generation 2470 in length and weight. They basically added the bow pulpit into the length and widened the hull by 3”. When I first got my 2470 it had a 250 and pushed it fine even loaded with 4 people. Yes you had to hammer to get on plane with that load but it handled it. Obviously twin 150 or a 300 is ideal which I have now but a 250 on there would be ok. Those motors too can go thousands of hours without issues, especially if they are regularly scoped for corrosion or had the factory fix done.

Last edited:
Back