Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Looks under powered to me
They are not very heavy boats. The hull weighs around 1600#s. I use my 2005 20’ Wooldridge to go diving and I only have a 130 hp Honda. Four guys with an average weight of 225#s, 8 130cf steel tanks, and all the rest of our dive gear and never had a problem.

Lots of times fish I fish 4 to 5 adults in the summer no problem.

https://victoria.craigslist.ca/boa/d/seasport-2200/6714264395.html

01414_fCGCr17Hs7l_1200x900.jpg

Really nice Hull! Motors are getting tired. Would be 100k with new power. That’s a good buy still.

I don't know anything about this particular boat. That said, how do you know that the motors are getting tired? The ad states 1400hrs which isn't all that much for engines like this. The life of the engines depends much more on the general condition and maintenance. Is there corrosion? Engines like these will run for several thousand hours with good maintenance and regular use.

I don't know anything about this particular boat. That said, how do you know that the motors are getting tired? The ad states 1400hrs which isn't all that much for engines like this. The life of the engines depends much more on the general condition and maintenance. Is there corrosion? Engines like these will run for several thousand hours with good maintenance and regular use.
They may have some good time left. But they may not. they are 13 years old. Honda are not in too many people’s top 3 for outboards. It’s a very awesome boat, I’m just saying new power would give it a new life. Plus if you sell the motors now, you could still get a bit back for them

If the compression tests Ok on those Hondas and if I run the computer reports on them and they look Ok I would run them until either the DFO permanently shuts down the sportfishing on our coast or until we have a government in Ottawa that actualy cares about our province. ;)

Yes - several thousand hours on Honda is norm. Finding parts and service in BC is a PITA though.

I had a Honda with over 3000 hrs on it and it was still running strong when I sold it.
The main problem with Honda's is corrosion which builds up in the lower unit
to the point where the gear case will crack.

22 footer with 450 hp. That thing must fly. Those motors haven’t been over worked in their lifetime that’s for sure.

Oly

Really nice Hull! Motors are getting tired. Would be 100k with new power. That’s a good buy still.

1400 hrs tired? not with hondas, that isnt even a mid life crisis.

There are good reasons why you don't see very many Honda's on boats in our area. As Scott said they have a reputation for corrosion,I've seen it.They also are ridiculously expensive to fix if and when something breaks parts wise although they are great runners till then.Also expensive to buy new.I don't want my remarks to in any way reflect on the condition of the Seasport sellers motors,the boat is overpowered so they haven't been worked hard for sure and it sounds like they've been well maintained.The 22 Seasport is a fantastic boat,really well built,I'd own one myself if I could afford one.

Last edited:
Looks like lots of work done already!
Just throw some on some old Hondas and she’s good to go!
Hard to find an old Honda for sale, like Keith’s beer, those who love them love them a lot . Lol

That 22' Seasport would probably be fine with a single 250 or twin 150's. Beauty boat. I'm getting 3 footitis.

That 22' Seasport would probably be fine with a single 250 or twin 150's. Beauty boat. I'm getting 3 footitis.
I'm seriously considering selling the bayliner and going for it. Realistically won't be doingany big trips for a couple years until the baby is older. It's smaller than the bayliner but WAY less wasted space so more fishing room. Faster. Fishier. Could be a good change for a couple years until I take the plunge into a 30.

Back