Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Nice Malibu, I'd definitely be looking at the antifouling slathered on the leg though :confused:

Regarding the Duckworth, look at the incredible loss of usable interior space due to the extreme angle of the sides in this stern shot. I know this is someones baby, but this old school way of using sharp angles on the sides was really a bad idea.

What, you don't want a 20ft boat that's as cramped as a 15ft Hourston and costs 10x as much? :D

Regarding the Duckworth, look at the incredible loss of usable interior space due to the extreme angle of the sides in this stern shot. I know this is someones baby, but this old school way of using sharp angles on the sides was really a bad idea.
That angle, or flare, gives the boat increased stability. A worthwhile trade off in my opinion. And the storage actually looks decent to me.

That angle, or flare, gives the boat increased stability. A worthwhile trade off in my opinion. And the storage actually looks decent to me.
how does a narrow footprint on the water give stability? 3 guys on one side and that thing is leaning way over.

how does a narrow footprint on the water give stability? 3 guys on one side and that thing is leaning way over.
There are a number of factors that affect boat stability. The angle, or flare, of the the sides is one that significantly increases secondary stability. So while the boat may lean over a little more that one that has a wider bottom (but it would have to be a fair bit wider to make a difference) the angled sides mean that it could be leaned over further than a boat with straight sides, without taking on water. Look up dory boat design and see why they are arguably the most seaworthy boats for their size; the flare is the reason.

Last edited:
There are a number of factors that affect boat stability. The angle, or flare, of the the sides is one that significantly increases secondary stability. So while the boat may lean over a little more that one that has a wider bottom (but it would have to be a fair bit wider to make a difference, the angled sides mean that it could be leaned over further that a boat with straight sides, without taking on water. Look up dory boat design and see why they are arguably the most seaworthy boats for their size; the flare is the reason.
You are suggesting this hull was purpose designed for maximum stability? Not a chance, and the loss of interior room is criminal. Sorry man, a waste of valuable interior floor area with this old shape. They don't do this anymore for a reason.

Great score,and a good price

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/boa/d/vancouver-2014-duckworth-18ft-advantage/7098933596.html

00B0B_bJQ4YxEAhkP_600x450.jpg

The flagged has returned, somethings up

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/boa/d/vancouver-2014-duckworth-18/7106961173.html

You are suggesting this hull was purpose designed for maximum stability? Not a chance, and the loss of interior room is criminal. Sorry man, a waste of valuable interior floor area with this old shape. They don't do this anymore for a reason.
The boats from 2014 I wouldnt call it a old design?

I disagree with you. What do the boat designers you’ve read have to say about the flare?

Back