Boat Work Need to be Done

O

orion91

Hi;)

Wondering were you guys take your boat for work. My lights dont seem to work and i'm going camping on it. i can drive it pretty much anywhere. its only a 18 ft boat (Double Eagle - 1975).
I live in vancouver so anywhere around here would be great.
It shoulded be that much should it??[8D]

Thanks

Galleon isn't too bad.Like all shops right now they are all busy,so I would phone around or get yourself a 12v test light and see if you can trace it out yourself.Lighting cicuit is fairly simple and it is usually corroded sockets or connections.Good luck.

Maybe some good ole boy in the Vancouver area that understands basic wiring could call up our friend here & help him out. Thats what this forum is for!!

One of the biggest problems with trailer lights on boat trailers is corrosion. If the ground is poor then all kinds of weird things happen. Somebody already said to clean the sockets. Clean everything that you can get access to. Plug in, male and female, and ground wires if there is an obvious one.

Good luck, they are alway fun to deal with.

its the boat lights like the red and green.
the trailer lights were just replaced.

thanks for the help guys:D[8D]

i had to rewire in order to get everything working
too many old sets of wire hanging around.
not too bad, it took about 3 hours to pull all the old wire out
and install a new bus.

honestly idf the 75 de is like a 78 k and c you should be able to do this your self - if you could change a light fixture in your home you should have no trouble fixing your nav lights

Back