Boat Windshields

danthewire

Anyone know who does boat windshields in Victoria area? I need to get the left hand side replaced on my 185 double eagle. Double eagle is absolutely useless with after sales help.

Dan

You can get it replaced at most glass shops if it is flat. They just cut a piece of laminated glass to size.

Thanks Peter probably wont fit.
No glass shops in Victoria, Glass Smith sent the pattern to Vancouver to get it cut.
Laminated glass is too thick for the Double Eagle window extrusion.
Thanks for the replies.
Dan

Had some glass cut for my 18' Hourston at glass doctor in north van. Not sure about Victoria but I find it hard to believe there are no glass shops that can do this its quite straight forward if you bring them a template and thickness etc..

That's what I thought, simple straight forward.
I didn't have time to phone every shop in Victoria.
Couldn't cut tempered glass. 3mm tempered glass is what they use.
Aw you knew it was me coming for a mile Sean.

Van Isle glass in Langford did all my 18.6 DE windshield glass a few years ago after a huge mishap. Provided and stuck by cheapest quote. Make sure you make a template out of cardboard, very weird shape, they cut glass and have tempered in Van, took about a week. Thickness matters as it fits perfectly in the DE windshield rails. Very reasonable, recently they made the side window glass for my welded hardtop. Another great, fast, and very reasonable job done.

HM

Back