Boat named "Snoopy" Nuttal Bay 1970's

putt putt

Thought I should share this picture that was taken from my grandmothers place on Nuttal Bay in the 1970's. A boat named "Snoopy" and Clayton's Marina in the background.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 396
Very cool! I grew up across the road and used to walk around the remanents of the marina when I was young. That's the first pic I've seen. There is a near identical boat moored off beach comber, I believe it's called the bluenoser( might be wrong).

Very cool pic. I live just down the beach from the old boat ramp seen in the background. Would love to see any other old pics you may have of Claytons and the Nuttal beach. The fellow that owns the Bluenoser lives at the top of Haida Way (opposite end from me). He doesn't moor the boat in the bay anymore. It's a neat little boat with a small perkins diesel in it (I believe he told me Perkins).

Just had an adventure on Nuttal Beach this week. My boat broke loose from the mooring buoy and washed up on the beach. I was lucky there was very little damage, just a banged up prop. Always check your chain that goes to the bottom (all of it) from your mooring bouy. They don't last too long. I had just check the top 3-4' and it looked good. However, as you get deeper the chain seems to corrode faster. The chain snapped near the bottom. When I examined the chain the corrosion got progressively worse the deeper you got. Some of the links were so thin that they were barely attached. The chain had been in the water just over 2 years. Lesson learned.

Here are some shots of Dolphin Beach? (bottom of first picture, bottom left of second picture) from the sky, these were taken in the late 1970's,

Attachments

• img015.jpg
    img015.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 267
  • img016.jpg
    img016.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 271
Last edited by a moderator:
First picture Beachcomber Marina, second picture Nuttal Bay on the left, Northwest Bay on the right. Please correct me if I am wrong, my dad took these pictures in the late 1970's and did not label them...

Attachments

• img023.jpg
    img023.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 266
  • img025.jpg
    img025.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 265
Back