Seasport 22 the conversion

salmonkiller01

Starting the process to convert. Ordered a pair of lease return 150’s today. I am committed or should be committed.
Going later this week to see my bracket guy on design.
Also the wife returns tomorrow from a trip. Might need a cheap place to live. Lol
I did tell her but she thought I was joking. I was not

Get the motors around Christmas so have a bit of time to get going.

Attachments

• IMG_3091.jpeg
    IMG_3091.jpeg
    518.4 KB · Views: 119
Starting the process to convert. Ordered a pair of lease return 150’s today. I am committed or should be committed.
Going later this week to see my bracket guy on design.
Also the wife returns tomorrow from a trip. Might need a cheap place to live. Lol
I did tell her but she thought I was joking. I was not

Get the motors around Christmas so have a bit of time to get going.
This thing is going to be the t!t$.

My advice from a 22ft Seasport owner would be to make sure you get enough flotation from the pod to carry the weight without becoming a bit low in the water when a couple people hang out near the stern.

I did call pdr and get a quote. Was 8900 usd. Plus shipping
Going local, flotation stepped bracket
Go to Sherwood and take pics and measurements of the factory one if they have a boat in stock.

Go to Sherwood and take pics and measurements of the factory one if they have a boat in stock.
I might just do that. Not rocket science
-1000 pounds for inboard + 930 pounds for twins added 20% ( I think I have the calculation saved some where) for weight shift back need 186 pounds flotation rough and dirty.
1 ft cubed of chamber under water will float 64 pounds

Just need to get it right for at rest Under power bracket do nothing

I took measurements of a Gill bracket at the Seattle Boat show when I had my pod built back in 92. In hindsight I should have made it a bit wider to give a bit more lift. Boat is likely a bit heavier now after 31 years of use.

I took measurements of a Gill bracket at the Seattle Boat show when I had my pod built back in 92. In hindsight I should have made it a bit wider to give a bit more lift. Boat is likely a bit heavier now after 31 years of use.
Totally agree on that and I will put a lot of thought in it. My bracket on the hourston worked out perfect for the merc verado I originally install and with the 200 being 150 pounds lighter it is even better having the extra flotation

Yea merc 150 seapro’s. Saw the same boat with twin 175 zukes on Seasport forum. Suzukis are 530 each vs merc 470
I/o weighs 1100 pounds
Either way 300 hp is plenty for that boat. Especially with twins. I'd keep it light back there and the seapros should work just fine.

Back