Seasport 22 the conversion

You nailed it!
Please see my post somewhere where I break down power to length ratio.
Sea sports are a well made solid (heavy boat) and are are strong candidate for 150’s. Ideal some would say. Grady 23 and similar also kick a$$ with 150’s.

Either way 300 hp is plenty for that boat. Especially with twins. I'd keep it light back there and the seapros should work just fine.
Thanks, eased my mind. I keep forgetting the force on the transom key hole when under power. Makes a bracket force spread across the transom seem like nothing

Thanks, eased my mind. I keep forgetting the force on the transom key hole when under power. Makes a bracket force spread across the transom seem like nothing
Yeah, with twins it tis alot different sir. Alot of prop in the water. Just get your engine height right and the props correct and that thing will be a machine. Go get some tuna. **** sakes, stuffs going for 3 bucks a lb 🤣

Nice to see the lighter Mercs, I personally would skip having a gas kicker. Choose light batteries, maybe a group 24 agm or Lithium if the budget goes that far.

Nice to see the lighter Mercs, I personally would skip having a gas kicker. Choose light batteries, maybe a group 24 agm or Lithium if the budget goes that far.

Agree with the twins and no kicker

Put it this way, I did a few of their 27s (seasport) with pod conversions back when, with 175 G1 ETECs and those boats had zero power issues. One of them got repowered from high hours and resold years later with 175 zukis and still no power issues. The 21/22 ft class easily gets away with 115 for power. Pretty sure the seapro 150 is the same displacement as the 115. Correct me if I'm wrong. If I'm right they are getting that extra hp in the end goal. Basically 5000 rpm and up possible a bit of a power difference at 4 and up but meh. Really threading the needle

Most guys I know who have this frame of power with twins that fish west coast primarily don't use their kickers to fish because they do fuckol and the mains are quiet. They end up selling or want to sell the kickers or keep them for a pull start just in case option

Last edited:
Put it this way, I did a few of their 27s (seasport) with pod conversions back when, with 175 G1 ETECs and those boats had zero power issues. One of them got repowered from high hours and resold years later with 175 zukis and still no power issues. The 21/22 ft class easily gets away with 115 for power. Pretty sure the seapro 150 is the same displacement as the 115. Correct me if I'm wrong. If I'm right they are getting that extra hp in the end goal. Basically 5000 rpm and up possible a bit of a power difference at 4 and up but meh. Really threading the needle
Different block then the 115. The 150 seapro is just the standard 3.0l. Reliable low tech motors they have been building for a decade. Perfect. The 115s would be plenty but I like the 150s better than the 115s from a reliability stand point.

It'll be a ton of Jam for that boat. I ran one years ago with a single 225 opti and kicker it had no power issues. It was also wet so it had a bit extra weight....

Most guys I know who have this frame of power with twins that fish west coast primarily don't use their kickers to fish because they do fuckol and the mains are quiet. Mist end up selling or want to sell the kickers or keep them for a pull start just in case option
If you ever see one again let me know. I’m a bit of a fan. This one has come down in price by 70k or so usd but still a little rich https://juneau.craigslist.org/boa/d/sitka-2005-seasport/7663548309.html

Yeah let's not take this into cat world. **** cats. I'm more of a dog person, plus I don't like to flip over sideways in a wave either.

I bet if you keep your eyes peeled you'll find a 27 that still has the diesels in it. That will need a repower and why not just call PDR and grab a pod and go..

Yeah I always forget that the 30 is a monohull.
I still can’t get over how goofy they look with the “levels”
With different levels for kids to play on or put traps/dingy/solar on, I love it. Rarely a flybridge too, which I don't see as an advantage compared to a rear steering station.

Back to a well powered 22, @salmonkiller01 were you able to get two station controls?

Yeah I always forget that the 30 is a monohull.

With different levels for kids to play on or put traps/dingy/solar on, I love it. Rarely a flybridge too, which I don't see as an advantage compared to a rear steering station.

Back to a well powered 22, @salmonkiller01 were you able to get two station controls?
The 150s are mechanical.....

Back