Boat Insurance and Navigational Limits

VanIsle10

Looking for peoples experience and input with boat insurance and navigational limits. The boat is used primarily on the east coast of the island with a few trips each year to Nootka and Ukee/Bamfield (maybe more with the current Regs), the insurance company (Premier) is currently refusing to endorse the navigational limits that allow use on the west coast. Has anyone run into this issue before with insurance through premier? They are happy give the the navigational limits BC-1 and BC-4 but not BC-3.

What do you guys have for insurance that fish the west coast ?

Thanks !

Attachments

• 4CA817A4-FBBA-41C0-8FDD-FD80A9362FCF.png
    4CA817A4-FBBA-41C0-8FDD-FD80A9362FCF.png
    489.7 KB · Views: 102
  • D9D9BD66-285A-4859-A05F-26BFC586CC3A.png
    D9D9BD66-285A-4859-A05F-26BFC586CC3A.png
    533.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 57ACD3E2-BB7E-4E1B-A027-A422566985F6.png
    57ACD3E2-BB7E-4E1B-A027-A422566985F6.png
    557.3 KB · Views: 104
Looking for peoples experience and input with boat insurance and navigational limits. The boat is used primarily on the east coast of the island with a few trips each year to Nootka and Ukee/Bamfield (maybe more with the current Regs), the insurance company (Premier) is currently refusing to endorse the navigational limits that allow use on the west coast. Has anyone run into this issue before with insurance through premier? They are happy give the the navigational limits BC-1 and BC-4 but not BC-3.

What do you guys have for insurance that fish the west coast ?

Thanks !
That’s a weird one, I have premier and they added that BC3 nav. Zone to mine and didn’t charge me any additional $$. I told them I use it on the WCVI 3 trips a year probably 12 days or so annually . I purchased the policy through Hub Insurance ,

I have my policy through Johnston Meier. I have trading warranty 3 limit which allows for up to approximately 100+ miles offshore for tuna fishing. They added it to my policy at no charge. Restricting you from WCVI seems a bit ridiculous unless your policy is outrageously cheap.

I have Premier as well and have for 14 years. They exclude the west coast every year and I then have to call the broker to have them include it. Very sneaky. No extra fee. It’s frankly confusing when you get into the small print.

Went with mike at fx.....good from Alaska to midish Washington state full Non depreciating agreed market value if total loss cost me 1500 for the year

That’s a weird one, I have premier and they added that BC3 nav. Zone to mine and didn’t charge me any additional $$. I told them I use it on the WCVI 3 trips a year probably 12 days or so annually . I purchased the policy through Hub Insurance ,
What is the size of your boat if you don't mind me asking?

Beacon Trading limit is Coastal waters of BC not north of Skagaway and not south of Westport Washington and within 1500 miles of mile radius of your home address, and limited to 200 miles offshore

Back