Theft and Insurance

Reel Time

I recently had my car broken into and golf clubs stolen, as well the thiefs (on camera) went to my backyard shed and removed a baseball bag containing downriggers and my GPS.

My insurance includes max limits on certain things such as watercraft accessories at 3000$. So the GPS was included under that and maxxed out the 3000$, the downriggers were also tabbed under watercraft accessory. SO Iam not getting compensation. I have fought my side saying the GPS adds value to the boat, safety and functionality. The downriggers are personal items bought for fishing and does not enhance function to a boat such as Radars, GPS, pumps, canopy ext.

Has anyone dealt with a similar insurance issue? They were stolen from my property so I am going through Home insurance, and figured what if i did not own a boat, how do they justify this claim as watercraft. Its personal items once off the boat?

I had my truck broken into in front of my house one time. Had all of me and my buddies river fishing gear in there plus some auto life jackets. Something like around 6 grand worth of gear. Plus there was some cordless tools in my truck. Maybe more. My insurance capped out at 5 grand. I had to show proof with receipts or else they wouldn't cover it. So didn't get to replace everything but almost. Very stupid leaving all that gear in there. Should have taken it all inside and not been so lazy. Lesson learned

Insurance claims are going to get harder and harder to get full payment as more claims being made as our climate and society changes for the worse. Take photos of your stuff, keep receipts, lock the crap out of everything and use all the security precautions and tech you can.

I had my truck broken into in front of my house one time. Had all of me and my buddies river fishing gear in there plus some auto life jackets. Something like around 6 grand worth of gear. Plus there was some cordless tools in my truck. Maybe more. My insurance capped out at 5 grand. I had to show proof with receipts or else they wouldn't cover it. So didn't get to replace everything but almost. Very stupid leaving all that gear in there. Should have taken it all inside and not been so lazy. Lesson learned

That is some real Ship happens. The amount of theft these days is insane. The RCMP say they are overwhelmed. I cant be lazy anymore, everything must come inside.

I forgot to mention, it went on my home insurance no problem. Doesn't matter where it was because it was on my property. However still had to show receipts or they wouldn't cover the items. Was a real pissoff for sure. Had my Simms G3 waders in there :(. We both had to go buy new waders that morning because we were going fishing that day.

I was at my friendly marine store a few weeks ago and the owner told me that about half of the shore power cords they sell each year are due to theft. Apparently the copper in those cables is worth a bit of coin.

to make matters worse, the camera carrying snowflake crowd has neutered the police. between that and the revolving door justice system there is no reason for the thieves to stop.

there is a guy in CR that is a career criminal and drug addict, he openly walks down the road with stolen goods and takes them to his home. his home is full of stolen contraband and everyone knows about it.

he recently stole some stuff from a buddy and got caught in the act. he admitted to my buddy he hasn’t been arrested or visited by the police since 2014. this scumbags’ partner called the cops, as my friend knocked on his door with a bat…..

( let this marinade for a second ) they came over in an instant and all of a sudden my buddys getting the riot act by the police.

the system is beyond broken

to make matters worse, the camera carrying snowflake crowd has neutered the police. between that and the revolving door justice system there is no reason for the thieves to stop.

there is a guy in CR that is a career criminal and drug addict, he openly walks down the road with stolen goods and takes them to his home. his home is full of stolen contraband and everyone knows about it.

he recently stole some stuff from a buddy and got caught in the act. he admitted to my buddy he hasn’t been arrested or visited by the police since 2014. this scumbags’ partner called the cops, as my friend knocked on his door with a bat…..

( let this marinade for a second ) they came over in an instant and all of a sudden my buddys getting the riot act by the police.

the system is beyond broken
That is so messed up!

Dam sorry Reel Time. I have a $200 bike and watercraft up to 10,000 at home, but I might have to amp it up. 10k wouldn't get you very deep into my garage at full retail replacement costs.

That guy, should be arrested and his house seized.

One of my best friends, hit rock bottom, then sobered up and did her MBA. Wish we legalized it and got it out of the hands of criminals. People say it would be too easy but it can be bought online these days and I'm sure the dealers offer the same-day service better than amazon right now.

Back