Black and White versus Colour - Electronics

Time

Never used a colour depth sounder (nor a GPS for that matter) and pondering an upgrade in electronics.
Budget probably won't allow new, so considering used and black and white.
The question, I guess, is there a significant improvement in usefulness in a colour set over a b+w?
This would apply to the gps as well.
Thanks

YES!!!!!!! MUCH better in sunlight and definition.[:p]

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Colour all the way. I will never go back to a b&w unit. Better readability under all light condititons and better ability to quickly scan sounder or plotter and get a more accurate 'read' (i.e. wter vs land, strong targets vs weak etc...).

I just upgraded to a color unit and with color its easier to see what kind of bottom your looking at. Some sounders will come with dual beams which will show fish holding in different locations as different colored fish, something a b&w can't do.

And remember....Keep your tip up!!!

I have a Garmin GPS/sounder that came with my 2007 Striper. I replaced it with a complete RayMarine system that includes Radar. The Garmin is only 3 years old. It originally rateailed for $1000.00

I would be willing to make you a substantial deal if you are interested in the system. It is colour too.

Let me know or PM me

HL

Hey Time

it was a pleasure meeting with you! Not sure if a deal could have gone much smoother. I really appreciate it. Thanks

Like I said, I had hoped to have had that all packaged up neatly for you by the time you got to my place. Sorry about that.

I do hope that you feel you got a great deal and that you will get an even greater use out of the unit.

Keep in touch and let me know how it works out for you.

Sincerely,

HL:)

Hey Highlights
It will be a while before I can mount it on the boat, but so far all checks out beautifully.
At least now I know the latitude and longitude of my garage. :)
An awful lot of features on the unit. Have to wonder if anybody uses them all.

Still have to call up the points that are on the memory - secret halibut holes??[:p]

Thanks for the deal, and of course it went smoothly. Two honourable people who aren't out to screw anybody never have a problem.

Will keep you posted and maybe we can get out togethor this year.

Back