Best Ukee and Tofino guides......

Are you asking for recommendations? Very biased but 2 friends of mine run their own charter out of tofino and have been guiding for YEARS. Hartbreaker Fishing Company and Miss Sea Sportfishing. Great company and tons of knowledge.

Iron noggin... Salty guy, and knows where fish hide. Not sure if he is running a boat this year though

I would highly recommend Shawn (Tofinoguy on this site). When I was in Tofino last week, he was bringing in great catches for his clients. He also has a house that he runs as a B&B, which allows his clients to get breakfast before fishing. There aren't any restaurants in Tofino that open before 7 am, so that is a great wrinkle. He also provides lunches on the boat while fishing.

Finally, he is a great guy and very knowledgable.

Marty

Definitely agree about Shawn! Although a close buddy and another great guide is who I fish with over there...Jeff Hale with Braedy Mack; I have seen Shawn's results over the years. That many years in Tuff City speaks volumes!

Now....I did get to fish with Shawn for tooners.....let me tell ya, the man knows his stuff!! :cool:

I still laugh as we're powering down at the temp break, 55+ miles offshore (middle of nowhere), some ridiculous depth of water, I am wiping the sleep out of the corner of my eye and while learning how our set ups will work (as a rookie) I look off the starboard side of the boat and there are tuna swimming right by us. I shook my head and said "well those were easy to find!!" ;) Meanwhile in my head I believed I was with the "Grand Pooh-bah" among tuna fishermen! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Have had some great trips with the big guy Shawn Hillier (not so big anymore). But I still call him " BIG SHAWN " because he always goes Big when it comes to fishing Tofino waters... 250-725-2133 or 1-888-286-3466.

Tofino Ospray all the way. Like everyone else has said Shawn's one hell of a fisherman. He's such a pleasure to fish with, too bad I can't go this year but next for sure.

Check dirtdog from big bear in ukee out, not as much horsepower as Kenny's boat ;) but you'd be hard pressed to find a better guide.

kenny myers or pual grimston (castaway charters)

Back