Best Tires for 2500hd 4x4

Rockfish

Looking to replace the tires on the truck asap so I need to find something in stock locally - South VI.

Looking for tires with a winter/all seasons rating that is a compromise in that they will be acceptable on pavement and in rain, ice and snow as well as all terrain and on gravel with at least a little capability in the mud.
The true mudders don't seem to be all season rated and not all that good on the highway.

Size is LT 245/75R 16

Any suggestions ??

Last edited:
Michelin M/S. I'm in the same boat as my Michelins won't make it through another winter. Bought the ones on the truck at Westcoast Tire, they had the best price. Costco was similar but I didn't have a membership when I needed them last time.

Wrangler duratracs are a very good all around tire. I had KO2s before and they are also good, but not near as good offroad and in the snow.

I've run Duratracs for going on about 6 years. Do a lot of mountaintop work for telecom all through BC (well maybe only halfway up the province) and these have been by far the most bullet proof. A bit noisy on the highway but that's why we have radios i figure. These are great in the mud and great in very cold weather.

most of the patch trucks that i work on, well alberta trucks in general. all run duratracs,

If you have a big heavy truck, I recommend toyo c/t. Alot of my friends run them and wont buy anything else now. Snowflake rated and lots of tread and warrenty. Check em out.
I had duratracs and to me they wear out faster then other brands as they are a soft snowflake tire.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200914-093336_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200914-093336_Chrome.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Surprised how quiet and how well these cheap Comforcer 3000 balanced out. Probably not great on ice. Think I paid $170 each.

Attachments

• IMG_2079.jpg
    IMG_2079.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 25
CT has a $300 rebate on Duratracs right now. There is a billion of them on the work trucks around here and most like them, but some complain that they are not that good on wet conditions and get louder as they wear.

I am looking at either Falken Wildpeak AT3W or Nokian Rotiiva AT Plus

Cheers

SS

I would check out Falken Wildpeak at3w's. For the price I dont think you can beat them, had bfgs and won't put those on again. Had the falkens on for just over a year on my dmax and still look new. They do pick up more stones or rocks because of the aggressive at tread. I got mine online at 1010tires because even with install at a local shop their price was significantly lower.

I have falken wildpeaks on a ram 3500 and I hate them in the ice. Maybe they are good on packed snow. But it was enough for me to get a winter set on black steel rims to run in the winter.

The tires are great for the rest of the year though. I’ve had them for 3 or 4 years and I’ll get another year out of them but with that said, I have a designated winter set as well

Back