Best raingear?

I am with FD, I have used the Carhart gear for both work an pleasure and the stuff stands up. Neoprene cuffs (internal), double knees and bum, double snaps and everything reinforced. Good stuff! I buy it at Marks.

Ono Trading on Portsmouth Rd.. They carry lots of Helly Hansen, Pioneer, Viking, and some Grundens. Everything from light weight to bullet proof lol :D.

PNT in Parksville has lots of Grundens / Gage stuff in stock:cool:.

My Grunden's Weather Watch is coming from PNT.... 10% cheaper than what I saw at some of their competitors. :)

Do any of these manufacturers rain gear breath? I find wearing rubber rain gear in the summer, in particular, makes me perspire. Do the Simms or any other higher quality products manage this problem? Nothing worse than being in the pouring rain in July in 20 degree weather on the deck getting soaked from the inside out.

I just picked up a set of Gage/Grundens weather watch rain gear this morning..IMG_4158[1].jpg It was the best pricepoint I could find for breathable/ durable raingear..165.00 taxes in..

I just picked up a set of Gage/Grundens weather watch rain gear this morning..It was the best pricepoint I could find for breathable/ durable raingear..165.00 taxes in..
where did yo find this 'bargain'...near Nanaimo?

I got my Weather Watch jacket at PNT - kept me dry as a bone in this Saturday's rain.

I pair it with HH Armour Bib overalls that I won as a door prize, or I probably would pick up the pants too after how well the jacket performed.

If only it didn't have a fish carcass as a logo... it would make a good rain jacket for the city too.

West marine,,was in there
The other day n spotted them, i like there 2stroke mix oil,only reason i was there..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw them at West Marine the day they came in to the Vancouver West 2nd location, but they didn't get a single L in black...I found that very odd.

I got my Weather Watch jacket at PNT - kept me dry as a bone in this Saturday's rain.
I like your way of thinking...buying from PNT also supports the local economy...:)

the pants seem pretty good, very durable looking anyway, same as jacket,Also 40 kms down the hiway is not really local when you drive a 5.7 liter v8.. I get in to PNT often too. Never seen the raingear I was too blinded by the wall of tackle.. :rolleyes:

the pants seem pretty good, very durable looking anyway, same as jacket,Also 40 kms down the hiway is not really local when you drive a 5.7 liter v8.. I get in to PNT often too. Never seen the raingear I was too blinded by the wall of tackle.. :rolleyes:

I have only been to the Richmond PNT...

Hopefully one day I make it over to Parksville to check out that location.

Back