BEST OF THE WEST ????

What would be the Best Of The West at the Beggining of Sept.

If you had anywhere to go on the Island for four days of self guided fishing, where would you go?

Bamfield - Ucluelet - Tofino - Nookta Sound - Barkley Sound -
Winter Harbour - Port Hardy - Cambell River

so, whats your "BEST OF THE WEST"[8D]

Tyee Pool - Campbell River. Nothing like having a (very good) chance of hooking a fish anywhere from 20-60 pounds on light tackle in 40ft of water.

Barkley sound I believe would be your best bet.Good chance on a spring and coho.I have fished just about everywhere on Vancouver Island. Different areas may be good for some species but harder to get too and more hassle. Barkley for access,fishing and some what safe water.Access from numerous locations makes it an easy choice.In sept why limit yourself to a run into one river?ie Campbell river.Good luck

Ukie or Bamfield if you want to catch your limit in an hour ;)

I fished Tofino last year there were lots of big fish inshore last week of August.

Definately Hardy, I guide out of there all year and you can really slay the northern Coho, avg. weight about 17lbs, catching them up to 28lbs. It`s some amazing fishing, real consistant too. Plus you will get the odd Spring but the Spring you will catch will be HUGE as the only Springs passing by at this time are 40+lbsers!

David
www.serengetifishingcharters.com
1-888-281-2275

Ukee / Bamfield!! Options include the Sound & up into the Inlet (should be loads of LARGE returners there this fall!!) and offshore. The Banks are usually crawling with hali's, coho, lings and springs at that time! Excellent mixed bag fishery! 100% for certain that is exactly where I will be! :D

ENJOY!!

Cheers,
Nog

Back