Best Moorage Pender Harbour.

pescador

Looking to head up to Pender Harbour next week for a couple of days. Want to stay at a marina that has good facilities. Restaurant/bar, showers etc. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Looks like there are many options. Want to know whats best.

Painted boat is nice. Saltwater pool and gym available for a couple extra bucks on top of moorage. Restaraunt on site or walk into town.

I checked with painted boat and they don't offer transient moorage. Only slips available for guests of the resort arriving by boat. I was told to hit John Henry instead.

Last edited:
I checked with painted boat and they don't offer transient moorage. Only slips available for guests of the resort arriving by boat. I was told to hit John Hendry instead.

That's too bad. We stayed there before as transient moorage. It was awesome with the kids to hang out at the pool for a couple days. Hopefully they will allow it again after this thing is over...

That's too bad. We stayed there before as transient moorage. It was awesome with the kids to hang out at the pool for a couple days. Hopefully they will allow it again after this thing is over...
We stayed there while my wife was pregnant three years ago. Had a fantastic time. The spa is amazing...um, I hear. That's what my wife said. I swear.

Did John Henry last summer, have it booked again for labour day weekend. Had a blast, will probably be an annual trip now.

Just be aware John Henry is a bit in the middle of no where while PB is walking distance to Madera Park. You can boot over there to the government dock if you need provisions etc however.

Awesome spots all around, you'll have a great time.

Just be aware John Henry is a bit in the middle of no where while PB is walking distance to Madera Park. You can boot over there to the government dock if you need provisions etc however.

Awesome spots all around, you'll have a great time.
Ok. That won’t work. We want amenities and places to see. Their website doesn’t show a bar or restaurant. We need food. What are the other options?

You can also take your boat or dinghy over to Pender harbour hotel. There is a good restaurant and pub there with spectacular views

Back