Best marina in Gulf Islands to spend a couple of nights

pescador

Looking for a marina in the Gulf Islands to moor for a couple of nights. I see Silva appears to be in rebuild mode due to fire and I hear it’s deadville. I’m looking for good dock moorage, restaurant, pub, small town and ability to walk around a bit and explore. I see a few options like Montegue and Pirates Cove. Any anthers?

Port Browning Marina on Pender. Good prices, showers, laundry, excellent pub & restaurant. Short/nice walk to town for groceries. No fuel. Otter Bay on the other side of Pender is nice and has great swimming pools, but less local services. Ganges is a "must-do" on all our trips, but it's always busy.

Thanks guys. Any tips on navigating Porlier?
On your chart you'll see the zig zag kinda deep trough through it. Zoom in you'll see the reef clearly on your chart. Just stay in there and constant even power and it's no biggy. Can do it flood or ebb not a problem. If you kill the power the current will just play with you a bit :)

The waves can stack up near the reefs to north of Dionisio, particularly during wind against strong tide. Approach from the north east if transiting west, giving them a wide berth.

Back