Best Filet Knife Sharpener???

I really like mine, seems it took 20+ passes on a couple knives to get the edge burr your looking for,
but that is the trick keep running it thru till that burr forms and your golden then,
deadly edge's on all my stuff now

I wasn't quite ready to take the plunge with the Chef's Choice price tag but the pull through devices didn't give me a sharp enough edge for what I wanted so I did a little research and purchased this unit http://lansky.com/index.php/products/dlx-5-stone-system/

The positives are the cost. At about $50 it was an easy to swallow upgrade. The Lansky system puts an edge on a knife just as good as the Chef's Choice. I can shave with a knife after a good polish.

The downside of this system is the time it takes to sharpen a knife and it takes a little skill to figure out the process. A tune up takes about 2-3 minutes and a fairly dull or beat up knife can be 10 minutes or longer. I'm guessing it's about 1/5th the speed of the Chef's Choice.

Overall I'm satisfied with the Lansky system and would recommend it for someone willing to figure it out and get a spend some time on their knives getting them sharp. I still might upgrade to the Chef's Choice some day once I'm ready to jump on the bandwagon.

Back