BC Wolf Cull

Great post. Did those pics not end up all over the web? I feel like I've seen them elsewhere, perhaps in an email. Awesome shots.

Yea, a few did, they just recropped them until my water make was removed, then stated they were theirs. I called lots of people on them and when they told me I had stole them from them, I asked did you take video and other pictures as well that have not been posted....because I did. Also asked them where they took the pictures and who was the helicopter pilot....they shut up and most removed them. Some did not and one GO even put them up on their web site as their own picts, until I called them on it. They wanted names etc to prove they were mine, I asked the same and they quite talking to me. Got to love the web!!!!!!

I have a dozen or so picts and a couple min of video that I have never posted yet....and never will as it spread like wildfire when the first one went out. Lesson learned, not that I really care as they are neat pictures and every bleeding heart, bambi loving, anti-hunting person should see what REALLY happens in the wild.

Cheers

SS

Yea, a few did, they just recropped them until my water make was removed, then stated they were theirs. I called lots of people on them and when they told me I had stole them from them, I asked did you take video and other pictures as well that have not been posted....because I did. Also asked them where they took the pictures and who was the helicopter pilot....they shut up and most removed them. Some did not and one GO even put them up on their web site as their own picts, until I called them on it. They wanted names etc to prove they were mine, I asked the same and they quite talking to me. Got to love the web!!!!!!

I have a dozen or so picts and a couple min of video that I have never posted yet....and never will as it spread like wildfire when the first one went out. Lesson learned, not that I really care as they are neat pictures and every bleeding heart, bambi loving, anti-hunting person should see what REALLY happens in the wild.

Cheers

SS

If you were in a helicopter why did you not buzz the group and give the moose a chance? I'm sure those wolves would have scattered like fleas. Or was the moose to far gone at that point?

Why? The wolves have to eat as well-- and there is that little item of "Harassing wildlife" to consider as well.

If you were in a helicopter why did you not buzz the group and give the moose a chance? I'm sure those wolves would have scattered like fleas. Or was the moose to far gone at that point?

Oh they scattered. except the alpha, who is in the last picture, he would not move off and the look on his face was one of GFY, this is ones mine. The moose was also done by then, it only lifted his head to look at us, then it hung down again, that is blood in the snow around the moose. The wolves where resting from the chase and letting the moose bleed out. They don't want to get hurt more than anything else, so let time take it's toll on the prey.

And as CL mentioned, harrassing wildlife is a no-no......

Cheers

SS

Thanks for sharing those pics and story.

Appreciate it muchly.

Take care.

you folks are behaving like you are in the wrong centruy. big bad wolves eating everything out there, round up the wimen and chilgen............nature is harsh, these critters play and important role whether your hunting opportunities are impacted or not.

Well Steel................
Dont let your knuckles drag on the ground when you are looking to kill something because you feel that someone made you God. It might be painful.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you dont have some type of hunting or cull then you pay a goverment employee to do it.We currently do this for all problem bears wolves coyotes.Or maybe we could offer counseling

If you dont have some type of hunting or cull then you pay a goverment employee to do it.We currently do this for all problem bears wolves coyotes.Or maybe we could offer counseling

I don't think anyone here has said they shouldn't be hunted or ever culled....... My points are simply show some sound science before a cull, shoot them if you want to but legally in season and show them some respect.

I don't think anyone here has said they shouldn't be hunted or ever culled....... My points are simply show some sound science before a cull, shoot them if you want to but legally in season and show them some respect.

BINGO!! If someone wants a nice rug,and its in season. Go for it! Similarly if the harm a pack is doing (yes , by our values) warrants it , then a controlled cull is justifiable, unless you are a someone that lives a much more primal life than most of us.... in that case if they eat you, then its part of nature and its acceptable.
Steel-- hope you understand that nothing personal in my "knuckle dragging" comment. Its just the way a remote web exchange works-- you slap me-- I get you back! LOL

Well Steel................
Dont let your knuckles drag on the ground when you are looking to kill something because you feel that someone made you God. It might be painful.

Really? That's your response...

We're on a public forum talking about culling wolves and you're worried about a helicopter flying to low and potentially "harassing the wildlife"... Give this some thought, it might just sink in...

Am I missing something here? I dont normally weigh in on this type of debate, but, the wolves are hunting, are they not? When I set my dual electric riggers to the bottom of the sea, am I not also hunting, in a way? One could make the argument ( rightly so !) that it is an advantage. So if the wolf population is healthy enough to take down a mature cow moose....they are wrong!?!? I have witnessed the blood lust ( and been a part of ) a healthy run of sockeye where everyone is slaying fish. Are we any better as "alpha predator"? Help me understand... I must be missing something.

I'm undecided on the wolf cull... I think in certain places its a good thing probably but how expensive is it??

Am I missing something here? I dont normally weigh in on this
type of debate, but, the wolves are hunting, are they not? When I set my dual electric riggers to the bottom of the sea, am I not also hunting, in a way? One could make the argument ( rightly so !) that it is an advantage. So if the wolf population is healthy enough to take down a mature cow moose....they are wrong!?!? I have witnessed the blood lust ( and been a part of ) a healthy run of sockeye where everyone is slaying fish. Are we any better as "alpha predator"? Help me understand... I must be missing something.

The pro cull argument, as explained is that us humans have contriubuted in creating an ideal environment for wolfs to flourish in certain areas. We have made it easier for them to hunt which allows for stronger, healthier packs. So the cull would be an attempt to regulate the imbalance that has been created. Wolves can take out a cow moose no problem with or without a healthy population, they can kill bears.
I'm not sure what you don't understand? Comparing humans to wolves has me confused?

Am I missing something here? I dont normally weigh in on this type of debate, but, the wolves are hunting, are they not? When I set my dual electric riggers to the bottom of the sea, am I not also hunting, in a way? One could make the argument ( rightly so !) that it is an advantage. So if the wolf population is healthy enough to take down a mature cow moose....they are wrong!?!? I have witnessed the blood lust ( and been a part of ) a healthy run of sockeye where everyone is slaying fish. Are we any better as "alpha predator"? Help me understand... I must be missing something.
following your logic- where do we start to cull fisherman? commercial sector-FN-Sporties?

he caught all but 1 of the wolves and i shot the last alfa male :) Went for a hike in that area in the spring, what did i find 8 different moose, fresh deer tracks and even cattle tracks!

Well, congrats for showing us how WELL humans are keeping a healthy balance when they interfere. Your area went from (maybe) too many predators to no predators! Well done! Humans are incapable of doing things right.

Back