Barclay Sound Reports?

The springs are probably out at La Perouse bank.. or the "Shipwreck"!?
We're heading out there on the 19th - weather permitting![8D]

Oppi

i hope the springs will be in the sound by then. ill be there the same weekend.

i hope the springs will be in the sound by then. ill be there the same weekend.

Spent the weekended in the sound. Some action at Kriby but the good times were at 5 and 7 mile. Lots of good fish.

Spent the weekended in the sound. Some action at Kriby but the good times were at 5 and 7 mile. Lots of good fish.

Victoria ...What do you mean really good fish?? Any 30 lb plus out there..
Thanks for the input..
BG

Talked to the guy at Gone Fishing in Nanaimo. Apparently 5 and 7 mile are insane at the moment. Said people are limiting out and releasing fish in the 20+ lb range. I'm headed that way tomorrow so hopefully it's true.

We will be out there also. Heading out on the 10th. Hopefully everything keeps up and maybe a new batch will start rolling in to the Sound.

Just back from 4 days there. Fished mainly 7 or 8 mile. Saturday afternoon aand Sunday were okay Monday was slow for us, lost a monster Hali just below the boat. It took 30 minutes, 6 inches at a time to bring it up. Just under the boat it shook it's head and up pops my gear. Never saw it, but I was straining to get a 6-inch pump on the rod. Tuesday was on fire. Got our last 3 Springs with in a couple of hours, and one hatchery coho. Then picked up a 35 and 45 Hali, all before noon. When the bites on everything works, Green/Glow Coyote's at 80 ft worked good yesterday for us. Lots of people using anchovy and hootchies as well. Reports were the inside was slow, and all the guide boats appear to be going offshore.

Hey Wolf...
Sorry to hear about the loss... sounds like it was well over 100lbs... how deep were you fishing or did you pick it up trolling?
:(
BG

if you were having that much trouble moving it, it was probably a skate - anybody that has hooked one for the first time always thinks it a monster halibut. Its just the wings spread out causing a lot of drag.

Leaving town tommorow for our annual Salmon trip. Should be fishing Barkley sound and offshore for 10 days. Hopefully lots of action.

Tight lines everyone.....

R.A

stayed at mckay lodge for a few nights, managed a few fish. Got 6 springs, 17, 17, 23, 24, 25, 35. All on greenglow coyotes, the 35 was out at 20 mile rest were around kirby. Some coho but it wasnt nuts.

you may not of cought lots of coho but it looks like you did all right with the springs, good job!! Wish i cought that many when i was there. Ill try my luck again in a week. thanks for your update

yeah caught all the fish but the 24 on the same day, they managed to keep me busy;)

Hey boys, just got back from down below today, saturday was slow only managing to boat a 17 and a 21
Sunday was a bit better first thing in the morning we got 4 springs a 17 21 19 and a 26. then another 23 that night. This morning was pretty good, we had 3 on and boated 2 which were in the low 20's and late teens
plannen on going out this week sometime in the inlet all let u guys know how i do
Chris (aka: dirty hooker)

Coming to Ucluelet on Sunday. Staying at Tauca Lea. If weather permits... thinking of fishing the "Shipwreck" (or further off shore). If inside... thinking of fishing Kirby and Swale! Anybody have any latest news? Location?... Lure?... Depth?... Etc...

Oppi

the site gets a little slow with reports some times, over all good site! Im also heading to Ucluelet today for 6 days, I fish swale a lot, from what I see, its on and off then on again. If you can get outside do it. But im sure you know this already. Good luck. I will report my luck when I return. Im been useing the standard setup, green flasher or cop car flasher, chovy's between 50' and 90'

Back