Barclay Sound Reports?

cohochinook

Trying to get over to the Island on Wednesday for 3 days of fishing. I have never fished the Sound. I usually go to Tofino but it's a bit dar for 3 days. Was wanting to try somewhere a bit closer. Any reports or advice would be appreciated.

I go to Toquart Bay. its a nice place. fishing is great. Its going to be a great year of fishing!!

Just got home from Bamfeild fishing was slow but there were a few to be caught. Lots of small ones tho. Think I was just a week or so to early. Sure there was tones of legal fish but legal there is 45cm I would hope people would release them and catch those ones next year. Did leave with my share after 3 days 2 springs over 20lbs, and 5 coho's. Lots of large fish being caught at 27 mile. JUST GIVE A COUPLE MORE DAYS OR A WEEK.

Cheers,

Just back from Tofino. Surfing not fishing but kept my eye on the cleaning tables.
Fair # of Coho. Not hot. Word is a couple of weeks will make a difference for the big slabs.

We spent 3 days in Barkley fishing Swale, Effingham, Austin and Cree. Not very hot for Springs inside for us and others that endured. Our largest one was just under 40Lbs from off Cree. Another few weeks and it should be on!

IMG_1542.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

sweet pics of your fish and that sunset or is that a sunrise?
thanks for the update. im heading to torquart bay on thursday for a few days. will report when i get back.

saltydawg hope you are right, we will be in Tofino fishing the last week of August. Fishing was great last August both inshore and offshore, the biggest problem was trying to catch the under 77 cm fish.

Tailspin,

Great photos. Where was your camp at? Looks pretty nice. Are those private or are they for rent?

Word is the big fish are moving inshore hot and heavy with every new tide. Bigbank at the wreck and Southbank at the Turtle is turning up some real biggies in big numbers according to Steve on Reel addiction and his happy Clients:D Going up to Uci tommorow for a Offshore Birthday trip with him and the boyz...

Heading to Barkely Sound on Aug 10 - 20th. I've been going there for 5 years now and I only know the inside waters. Could somebody give me some info about how to get out to Bigbank or Southbank. Just looking for some alternatives if the fish aren't inside.

Thanks,

R.A

We fished Swale on friday night.We got two springs 18,22 and one big(10lbs) male coho hook nose and all.I would not say it was on fire. The 18 lb spring was very dark.Went off ukee sat am it was a little lumpy for us so fished around chrow and did not hit any salmon.I did however bag a 20lb halibut while trolling a cut plug in 40 feet of water.Go figure.

Right on. Bonus hooking that Hali. Hopefully more Salmon rolling in the next couple of days. Please keep us posted.
quote:Originally posted by frango

We fished Swale on friday night.We got two springs 18,22 and one big(10lbs) male coho hook nose and all.I would not say it was on fire. The 18 lb spring was very dark.Went off ukee sat am it was a little lumpy for us so fished around chrow and did not hit any salmon.I did however bag a 20lb halibut while trolling a cut plug in 40 feet of water.Go figure.

Anybody fishing out by Whittlestone or Beale?? Fish should be in those areas now?
Thanks for any input.... heading out to Bamfield Aug 18th.
:D

There aren't many springs on the inside, but a lot of Coho (on Saturday/Sunday morning).

A lot of coho action with several boated.
Blue/white Hootchie.
Blue/sliver coyote.
Anchovie with Glow head.
-copcar got no love, glow/green hootchie got no love.
Everywhere from the surface to 80 feet.
Only saw 1 spring come in from Kirby. All the rest that reached the dock were coming from 7mile.

I agree, not many springs on the inside, might get one or two hook-ups on a tide if you are in the right place at the right time. But lots of coho moving in DEEP - 150ft. Hooked lots off Agular Point on the incoming tide. Where are all the springs[?][?]

The springs are probably out at La Perouse bank.. or the "Shipwreck"!?
We're heading out there on the 19th - weather permitting![8D]

Oppi

Back