Bamfield tuna shootout!!! September 22 - october 1

Mother nature wins this round.

Fleet is staying tied up. It's about living, not being an idiot!!

Party tonight!

Jeff

If its not nice enough to be very enjoyable out there then i just isn't worth going. Don't sweet it there is NOTHING you can do about it. Its the type of fishing that is not worth the while trying to hard for. Go when the weather is premium, period.

Ugly weather for sure. I bet you guys made up for the lack of fishing with the party.

Anyone interested in tryin next weekend if the weather is good?

After a harbor day yesterday we made the run to the tuna grounds today. I was on board the Trophy Hunter for the last trip of the year(maybe!). Great run out in great weather. As we neared our choosen starting spot the water temp. came up and turned blue and the fog lifted. Low and behold it seemed like the whole commercial fleet was there as well. That's always a good site to see. Must be the spot to be. It wasn't long after deploying our gear when the first rod started to scream. The day was pretty steady with action. We got a few on the Mooching rods and Islander reels with 30lb line, Anchovy in a teaser head. What a hoot! It's not high production but a lot of fun.
If the weather was to co-operate maybe we could sneak in another trip? Put 29 on the dock today and that makes it hard to stop.

damn another great report! thanks Bod. Keep at er, weather permitting!

Extended shootout anyone:cool:? Weds through the weekend looks like stellar weather. We just need that warm water to stay around.

There is a plan brewing. Will know later in the week. If the water conditions look good my son, firelight, and myself may be heading West Thursday evening for a run on Friday and a possibility of Saturday.

There is a plan brewing. Will know later in the week. If the water conditions look good my son, firelight, and myself may be heading West Thursday evening for a run on Friday and a possibility of Saturday.

Go killem' guys. I will be working on the boat all weekend. Looking like the BTS may have cost me a turbo. Worth it you ask....? Without a doubt!!!

Cheers,

Jeff and Chris (Crabby),

A couple of questions about those deadly dick's you were using. Were you trolling them? or did you guy's successfully pull off a bait or chum stop?

Cheers,
John

Where are all the pic's from the last outing?

Do Kelly, FB, and I have to show up for everything?

Harper44?

Come on guy's it's Monday..........oh wait Tuesday now lol.

Cheers,
John

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are all the pic's from the last outing?

Do Kelly, FB, and I have to show up for everything?

Harper44?

Come on guy's it's Monday..........oh wait Tuesday now lol.

Cheers,
John

As we headed out on thursday morning with just two of us onboard, I asked myself, what does the third and fourth guy do while two guys are in the back fighting fish and the boat in on Auto-pilot? The Answer became clear when we were motoring back to town with all of 2 poor pictures and about 5 minutes of video...

Jeff and Chris (Crabby),

A couple of questions about those deadly dick's you were using. Were you trolling them? or did you guy's successfully pull off a bait or chum stop?

Cheers,
John

Tried casting to a huge school but no action....need chum,and more casting gear at the ready....next year!

Put the Deadly Dicks Waayyyyyyy out back,probally 200ft on the troll,hammered em!!!!

I was running Avet MXL's on Fenwick 1165's for casting,put them out on the troll with the Dick's...Great combo!

NO MORE Penn reels on my boat!!!they suck!

Last edited by a moderator:
went out wed Tuna Don, Slivo, and Ivo had lots of fun went 4 for 6 and went out about 75 miles. saw a awsome dolphin show. water was like a lake not a ripple out .sunday blowin 39 knts and monday 4.4 meter swells here comin up that would be a crazy ride I think thats it for us what an excellent season cant wait for next year, will add some more pics soon. Hi my name is Jason and Im an addict. yeah,,,,,

this report is a bit late but had no time to get my thought and video together, shoot out was great water was great, the guys Jeff, Dak, Chris, Don and the rest of the boys had fun fishing together, I hope we could do this next year again,
if somebody want to see our short video that we have with Slivo, there it s: http://youtu.be/Vwdkesb8inU

Back