Bamfield spring/summer reports 2010 - halis & spri

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:Originally posted by The Fog Ducker

Live Report

Weather Sucks shyte , Blowin , Rainin , Truck Wipers packed it in coming over mountain pass to Alberni , FRICKEN Disaster ,, ,boat behind me ,,, in a Monsoon , BAD Friday , Visit to Lordco , spinning serious wrenches ,4 hours later , all ok now ,

Jeff , No phone service here at camp ,tried to text you , woke up at 4 am , was blowin , startin to rain again , back to the Bear Cave , did not get to bed till 1:00 am after getting the Ducker all rigged , sorry , try again tomorrow , no cell service on both a my phones , heading to see Ken later today , call you from the boat , hoping for a fish later , winds forecast to reside

Report later ,

love the Satelite Internet available here at the Nook , Cheap Too !!

Felix - FD...;)
604-802-9971
778-318-9971

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

hey ducker...there's almost always cell service at the end of the furthest dock at the Nook

There was a 38lber caught near Wilf Rock this afternoon [:0]

Unfortunately i don't think Pippen was the lucky angler

quote:Originally posted by YEAH BUDDY

Pat you in town? Have not seen you around Mckay Bay yet?

And there are a few fish around on the inside nothing big but went out for fun tonight and got our three person limit just between wittlestone and agulair point, mostly 99 ft (mr gretzky) and 120 on green hootchie and green and red cop car.

Yes, in town but been tied up every day on a project...haven't been able to wet a line. 2 more weeks before we are done.

Dying a thousand deaths with all the great reports.

Searun

th_067.jpg

Going to be there from June 16 to July 5. Staying at Seabeam. First time for all this. Well not quite the first time. I have stayed at China Creek twice, but that was in '05 and '06. Fished one day at Kirby Pt. and one day at Pill Pt. So I'm excited and a little nervous about all this. Fishing out of a 18.5' Double Eagle. I have been reading this thread for tips but if there is anything else I should know, fire away!

Thanks, Dave

Daddystoy,
My best suggestion is to just get out there and do it. Looks like you have plenty of time out there to get a taste of everything and develop a bit of a feel for the place. The 'usual' spots produce but don't be afraid to try different areas...some of my best days have been in places that I don't often see boats fishing (plus I hate the crowds).
good luck and I'll probably see you at the 'beam. I am in a 18' Malibu cuddy.

anyone have an updated report? I heard maybe its slowed down a bit. I was plannin on coming up tomorrow mornin first thing staying til tuesday. I also have the option of going to renfrew tomorrow too if bamfield isnt too hot right now. So whats the word in Bamfield.

Weather/tides made for a pretty tough weekend out there.

That said, we still managed some nice ling, yelloweye, springs and one 50lb halibut.

Duckers out here and has a few in his box I believe as well.

Springs for me between 12-15lbs, bite not as hot as a couple of days ago, but more bait showing.

Chevy, talked to your mom on the dock, she said I might see you.

Weather looks like its coming down, make finding them at least managable. Was the kinda weekend where you mainly had to fish where you could. (Except Saturday hey Ken!)

A couple of us endured some pretty awful stuff to put the guests into fish...

Worthwhile I think.

Jeff

Gimee the gaff!!!

Also, looks like there has been a cancellation for next weekend, probably gonna throw up the first SFBC deal of the year...

Stay tuned!:D

Forgot to mention that Millsys 7 year old caught his first spring this morning as well! 12lbs I Think.

Proud daddy out there.:)

Who will I see this weekend???

Gimee the gaff!!!

Definately a grind this weekend but there are some nice fish around. We managed three Hali and a six pack of Springs today so I don't think it was a bad day at all. Released a couple of Coho and a bunch of small springs, as well as watching sockeye jumping around us.
All of this within site of the Whistle Bouy.

www.rockypointcharters.ca

Congrats to the Millsy 7 year old on the spring salmon!!! Cool stuff for sure.

We ventured out on Saturday and she was snotty for sure. We averaged 13 mph on the way out to the South Banks. We managed a couple of chicken hali's 10-20 lb range a nice ling cod and a couple of 8-10 lb springs. Was worth the trip but my son Jake chummed the waters pretty good and my other fishing buddy swore he was going too. They felt alot better after fish and chips in town for dinner:D.

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

pic_Andrew.jpg

Here's a pic of my son Andrew with his first salmon. He got it to the boat mostly by himself and it took three good runs on him. He learned quick about the knucklebuster, and let it peel line like he knew what he was doing. When we got back to the dock he was so proud, he had to show it to everybody that was there and tell them that he caught it. When we got home he called some of his friends to tell them about it, and now we have 18 people coming over tomorrow night for a feast to eat this fish (planned by him!!). Needless to say I'm going to have to up the menu, but man I never could have imagined the impact that catching a 12 lb chinook could have on a kid. Take your kids fishing boys, the future of our fishery lies in experiences like this one.

Fishing report:

We had 5 on in 90 minutes out at the Whistlebuoy, one was a doubleheader at 70 and 120 too, so they were spreadout pretty good. The rest came from close to the bottom and were full of needlefish.
We got them on a needlefish hootchy and anchovies. Good times out there right now, lot's of salmon around, not huge but lot's of gas in the tank and they sure fight well for the size of them. Hali's have been cooperating too, Osama's slayfest is continuing. We're going on a big hali hunting trip this weekend with 3 boats, and there's room for one more if anyone is up for joinging us.

-millsy

That's awesome -- great story, good work Millsy.

... Are fishermen all liars?
Or do only liars fish?

Rite On Andrew! You will be running the old man's boat in no time.

Heading to Mill Landing next weekend for a week!!! Can't wait.

Craig

Not gonna even talk about what i went through , lol ,,

Spite the Rediculously crappy weather , the fishing was decent for the end of May , Ken , Jeff , Myself ,found a good number of springs around both the Whistle Buoy and Kirby , most fish between 8 - 15 lbs , first light was the ticket , Needle Fish , Anchovy , Kitchen Sink , Army truck 4.0's produced best ,

Jeff had a field day on Monday morning , hooking over 20 fish in 2 hours at the buoy ( was suppose to be with him ..[V],,)

Lastly , Monday morning brought 12 Springs in from 2 boats in short order, Brad and Matt , fish were all bonked at the Sail n Mara Rk areas , much larger , 12 - 30lbs , All Marked , It's On boy's , NICE Healthy Fat Fish , man I was jealous , good work guy's.

Tight Lines

Have Fun out there , hope the weather turns SOON...

FD...;)

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

keep the reports rolling boys!! :D ;)

making first trip of the year up the weekend of the 18th. first post on here since last year (i think). prettyyyy stoked!!

Showed up at the whistle buoy monday at about 930. Saw Jeff and he said that hot bite had just died off. We scraped up a number of springs over the day. Had to run aroud a fair bit from the whistle uoy to kirby back to the whistle buoy then outside the breakers at beale. All spots had fish. Tuesday we started t the whistle buoy but no luck for the first hour so decided to chck out offshore, SE was blowing pretty good and the water was building so we fishd about a mile offsore just south of beale, grabbed one there. Back to the whistle buoy got a nice 28# red as soon as we dropped in and a few others including a double header. Finished off at Kirby got into 4 or 5 there but nothing over 12#. Most fish were on anchovy betwwen 70-120, gretzky being the hot depth. Bonked our limit for the trip only 1 fish was a marble the rest were red. Weather cooperated for us, minimal rain and not much wind inside. First time in Bamfield for me in 3 years it was nice to get out there. Off to QCI for the season on saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back