Bamfield In July!

Rain City

Crew Member
Hey guys and gals,

Anyone got any opinions on bammer in July instead of August? I'm trying to book something for this summer with dock space and accommodations for extra family that will be coming with. Seems like August is going to be tough. I'm not too worried about getting into hog chinook. Some salmon action and more importantly Lings and Hali would be great. The trip is more about exploring the area and doing some sight seeing anyways. Would love your input.

the early Part is better then the later part... Off shore opens july 15th and its general pretty sweet out there..

Seabeam just sold so not sure if it's still an option for lodging. Finding a place to stay might be tight.

Seabeam just sold so not sure if it's still an option for lodging. Finding a place to stay might be tight.
rumours of it being sold for the third time in a year.. wonder if it finally happened!
who goes looking for a rustic fishing lodge without cash in hand.. it is tougher to get financing on these somewhat remote places.

July can be a bit more wind, less fog though.. for sure come after the 15TH as i am sure you want some offshore opportunities for salmon.

anchor up for hali and toss some jigs for salmon.

July can be a bit more wind, less fog though.. for sure come after the 15TH as i am sure you want some offshore opportunities for salmon.

anchor up for hali and toss some jigs for salmon.
Ok that's great to know. July 15th it is. Still trying to get a spot at Mills Landing

Ok that's great to know. July 15th it is. Still trying to get a spot at Mills Landing
We went July 19th last year. Nice time of year as mosly great weather and no fog.
We limited on Hali, Ling, and Salmon. Even went up to China Creek and got a few Sockeye as the run was still happening.
Only negative was no large Chinook. Think the biggest was 15 pounds.
Are you driving the boat around or trailering?

rumours of it being sold for the third time in a year.. wonder if it finally happened!
who goes looking for a rustic fishing lodge without cash in hand.. it is tougher to get financing on these somewhat remote places.
It did happen, I know the guys brother in law. He said they are not renting anything out this year

We went July 19th last year. Nice time of year as mosly great weather and no fog.
We limited on Hali, Ling, and Salmon. Even went up to China Creek and got a few Sockeye as the run was still happening.
Only negative was no large Chinook. Think the biggest was 15 pounds.
Are you driving the boat around or trailering?
Not sure yet. Might trailer there and drive back. I'm not overly concerned about big chinook. I just want some adventure and a dead halibut on my deck.
Give me a shout on your way through.
Opp to finally shake paws perhaps...

Nog
For sure that would be great! I'm only letting the wife and kid come for a week and I'll be doing a week with some buddies.

Last edited:
Booked July 15th-31st at Mills Landing!

Not sure yet. Might trailer there and drive back. I'm not overly concerned about big chinook. I just want some adventure and a dead halibut on my deck.

For sure that would be great! I'm only letting the wife and kid come for a week and I'll be doing a week with some buddies.
Sounds good buddy!

We got our 4 halibut in an hour jigging with swim baits. I'm sure we lucked out a bit but just found a pinnacle offshore and hooked up on the first few jigs. All just under the size limit so we could take 4. Lings the same thing but on shallower pinnacles

I'll be at mills landing from the July 27th to August 2nd. With two weeks you'll get big Chinook. I'll see you there.

Well despite being assured by the hotel that the dock could accommodate us, they apparently can't. So anyone got a lead on a place to get a room for overflow guests with a dock for the condo?

Plugs are the hot setup for the Big Bank at that time of year for better quality

Back