Bamfield in April

Captain Dudds

Hi Everyone

A friend of mine has some family coming from in the interior in April. There are 15 of them and they want to go fishing.

I suggested Halibut in Victoria but they want somewhere where they can rent a cabin and be a big family etc etc. My friend says she has stayed in a place before that slept 20 and had a boat and gear for use so she was thinking of doing that, and maybe getting a guide for a day.

I didn't think much was happening in Bamfield in April, and what was happening was happening 25 miles offshore. Is that somewhat accurate? Or is there reliable fishing a little closer around then? I don't think they'll want to head way out into the swell. I figured there are probably feeders out on swiftsure - will there be halis there too this time of season? And thats still a fair ways out - close to an hour?

Also, they are up for salmon or hali's - they just want some action.

Any Bamfield experts out there care to share?

thanks,

Geoff

There is a derby there in Early March called the logger Derby you will see the thread. I think most of these guys fish inside for the derby, so I would say yes there are lot's of feeders around and maybe some bigger ones in April. I don't know about running way offshore in April I don't think many people do. Hali can be fish closer to shore in the spring maybe 5 miles offshore or some where in that range..

JAC

you can get hali 3 to 5 miles off no problem, mcay bay, mills landing,good food ,good people, nice lodges, etc,, some great guides their for hire,,bod,osama,pat, is he on here????

April is one of the best months for good sized halibut and those illustrious "Columbians" at the surf line. Usually the big bank isn't an enormous producer at that time of year, and even when it is it coughs up ping pong paddles for the most part.

www.millslanding.com

Can figure out whatever you need. Early seasons my gig!!

Hey,

What is June like inside Barclay - I'm always there in Aug. But I'm planning a June trip this year.

Thanks
Stosh

June is my favorite month to fish here hands down.

Lot's of action, good halis cuz the dogs generally haven't quite arrived yet.

Bod is in the water fishing at that time of the year as well.

Back