Bamfield fishing

Gronk

Looks like a break in the weather for the weekend, my rubber arm has been twisted so I think I'll head out to Bamfield and see if there are any leftover fish. Has anyone heard any reports? :D

Hey Gronk....seems like no one has been there for a while so let us know how it is when you get back. Are you going to try off shore if nature cooperates?

Ok will do, we are heading out Friday after work and staying at Poets till Sunday. Hopefully we will poke our noses offshore at some point.

Ok back from the Wild west. The inside is pretty dead I heard of 1 chum caught at Beal. We went out to 25 mile and had some good fishing. I was fishing with a rookie but still ended up with 2 halibut and 2 springs, we threw back several large wild coho. We had to return a little early as the rookie was a little green.

Thanks Gronk, next time you better feed him some ginger gravol before you go. Was there any size to the Hali or springs?

Both hali's were mid 20s and the Spring about 12, The coho were the same size. Caught everything on hootchies excepts one coho who grabbed the spoon out of my hand. Lots of seagulls out there, it was hard to get a hootchie down without them grabbing it. Good thing we were alone out there there's nothing worse than playing a gull in public...
Loads of dolphins playing tag around the boat.
Friday a pod of orcas were hanging around Pill Point (so I was told)
I didn't use bait out there bacause I was told the dogs are numerous.

Back