baitrix anchovies

C

constantsguy

I'm wondering if anyone has been using the baitrix anchovies for winter springs this season. Have you had much results with them. I bought a couple of packs this year but with my truck still broken have'nt been out on the water to give them a try.

maybe its just me but hoochies and spoons seem killer in the winter

save your batrix till summer

just my opinion ////

tubbed

I've tried all the baitrix and the only one that kept up to bait was the strip.

quote:Originally posted by bananas

I've tried all the baitrix and the only one that kept up to bait was the strip.
Better luck with Baitrix than me... none I have used has kept up with bait. They're just sitting in my tackle drawer taking up room. :D

Why go for the fake rubber ones when you can have the real thing ?

quote:Why go for the fake rubber ones when you can have the real thing ?
When the dogfish are thick on the banks, the rubber will keep you fishing instead of gaffing, cutting throats, rebaiting and releadering due to frays. Other than that, bait seems better unless you prefer to avoid the mess.

Hi Tubber, What you say makes sense. I fish mostly in Georgia Strait and dogfish have kind of dissapeared. I'm not sure if the commercial are still fishing them or the Scots are eating them.

I tried them but they didnt "spin" the way i personally like and they didnt leave alot of room for to put a hook in them where I like,One thing that is cool about them is the wide varity of colors.

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

I tried them but they didnt "spin" the way i personally like and they didnt leave alot of room for to put a hook in them where I like,One thing that is cool about them is the wide varity of colors.

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Brisco, I think the dogfish are kind of seasonal. They are definatly more prevalent in the late spring and summer. There doesn't seem to be that many in the winter months. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that has been my experience.

Brisco, I think the dogfish are kind of seasonal. They are definatly more prevalent in the late spring and summer. There doesn't seem to be that many in the winter months. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that has been my experience.

quote:Originally posted by Brisco

As Michael Scott would say "That's what she said...".

quote:Originally posted by Brisco

As Michael Scott would say "That's what she said...".

quote:Originally posted by adrianna3

I don't know. Back in '93 I did a teaching charter with Ted Peck where we mooched live herring at Hutt Island (behind Bowen) we hooked about 50 dogfish that day, some of them a couple of times each. That was late November as I recall.

ted_peck-01.jpg

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

quote:Originally posted by adrianna3

I don't know. Back in '93 I did a teaching charter with Ted Peck where we mooched live herring at Hutt Island (behind Bowen) we hooked about 50 dogfish that day, some of them a couple of times each. That was late November as I recall.

ted_peck-01.jpg

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

Fishing outside the Beechy Head walls in Sooke several years ago, dogfish populations were thick everywhere, I put the artifical lures (spoon and hootchies) in the water...dogfish didn't take those artifical lures for few hours but had one good strike..could be a spring salmon.

Back