Awesome Start To Our Panama Fishing

capt josh

It's hard to imagine that after all of the time I have spent chasing big fish around this side of the Pacific, that after all of the countless, unbelievable moments we have borne witness to during this time, that I can still find magic and excitement in each and every day of fishing after all of these years. But when the pair of 15# yellowfin tunas that you are trolling as live bait around world famous Hannibal Bank start to buck and kick with adrenaline, and their sheep panic is telegraphed up the line and into your hands, and all of a sudden a 600# black marlin detonates on the short bait with demonic abandon, exploding after the hook-up like a monster possessed, well amigos, if your blood doesn't start to boil then guess what - you're probably DEAD.

Who wouldn't love this game and bound out of bed every morning eager to play. For me there is simply nothing, NOTHING in this world that compares to going fishing. And while salmon and steelhead and halibut are all certainly fun, it's hard to compare to the kind of heart-stopping madness that awaits you when you are fishing giant marlin and tuna. Goddamn my friends it's about as good as it gets.

Yeah, I'm pumped up. You better believe it!!!!! Five days of incredible action including two releases on 600# marlin, tuna action that has to be experienced to believe, inshore variety including roosterfish, pargo, jacks, snappers, trevally, where does it end????

The Bedell boys have once again proven their ability to seemingly create incredible action wherever they go. Lucky? Maybe. Meticulously prepared and feverishly dedicated? More like it. I seriously can't imagine two more fun loving and passionate guys to share a day on the water with. These two hard-core anglers need to be CLONED!!!!!

First time big game aficionado Darren Lexa made his inaugural trip down here and is completely ruined forever. Each and every day was better than the rest. I rarely fish with neophytes anymore, and it's a shame because the glassy look in his eyes at the end of each day certainly reminded me of what kind of shocker this was once all for me. "TRIP OF A LIFETIME!!!!" D would say over, and OVER again.

Man for someone who's been thrown into the fire like this he did one hell of a job. To watch him pull as hard as he could with over 50#'s of drag for the first time on a big black was something to behold. With countless tuna and inshore fish under his belt as well now i think it's safe to say that his big game baptism was a success.

We truly couldn't have asked for a better team out there this week, and I want to thank Dan, Dave, and Darren for one hell of a trip. I'll let the pics finish the story, so enjoy the rest of the tale.....

A HUGE THANK YOU!!! To Chad and the Paradise Lodge crew. I can't say enough about these guys and believe me when i tell you that we have a few surprises in store for this next season. Just you wait...

I'm down here with clients for the next two weeks so there'll be a LOT more to come, but suffice it to say we're off to an excellent start!

Attachments

• IMG_1368.jpg
    IMG_1368.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1407_2.jpg
    IMG_1407_2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1440.jpg
    IMG_1440.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1792.jpg
    IMG_1792.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1807.jpg
    IMG_1807.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 78
More pics...

Attachments

• IMG_1838_2.jpg
    IMG_1838_2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1846_2.jpg
    IMG_1846_2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1869.jpg
    IMG_1869.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1882.jpg
    IMG_1882.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1895_2.jpg
    IMG_1895_2.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 72
Very nice. Had my eye on Panama for awhile. Maybe its time...

Buenas Fotos Patron! Oye Joven Pongase una camiseta y bronziadora te ves muy cocinado.Te recomiendo no se apure a regesar esta hacindo mucho frio te conjela los heavos!

Saludos... Sammy

Sweet! Very nice pictures man. Most of us only get to dream of what you get to do, so thanks so very much for sharing, truly awesome!

Great pics CJ.

You gotta love livin the dream. Catch some for the rest of us.

Thanks for the great report.Laying in bed after surgery and reading this is driving me nuts i gotta get on the water. Once schools done for good i can definately see myself heading down there.

Buenas Fotos Patron! Oye Joven Pongase una camiseta y bronziadora te ves muy cocinado.Te recomiendo no se apure a regesar esta hacindo mucho frio te conjela los heavos!

Saludos... Sammy

HA! Mi canadiense piel blanca pastosa le gusta recibir una paliza por aquí mi amigo. Después de un mes en la lluvia Me lo llevo!

Back