April 1 rules

You complain about the liberals - The conservatives under Harper were just as bad and they had a fisheries minister from Campbell River. The ministers we elect make their decisions based on info from the staff in their department who in some cases have been there so long that the ideas they come up with are stale. We need fresh blood not only in fisheries but other ministeries as well.

You complain about the liberals - The conservatives under Harper were just as bad and they had a fisheries minister from Campbell River. The ministers we elect make their decisions based on info from the staff in their department who in some cases have been there so long that the ideas they come up with are stale. We need fresh blood not only in fisheries but other ministeries as well.

2 a day under the conservatives

Such BS regs that do little for science based conservation - just a bunch of BS window dressing to appease ENGO's and the Liberal party voting base!!! 🤬

Same old, same old that does very little to deal with habitat destruction, pollution, seal and bird predation, illegal in river net fishing, useless SRKW protection areas, etc...

They just keep piling restrictions on the recreational (public fishery) as we are the easiest sector to limit with the least political costs and makes them look like they are doing something - when in fact they are "managing" the west coast salmon fishery into oblivion like they did with the east coast public fishery! This needs to change - we need to start getting political to save the public fishery before it is too late!!!
Well, a person named Bill Otway agreed with you.
He was involved at the start of the SFAB with another person named Tom Bird who got the SFAB and SFI going.

Bill later on firmly believed that the only way going forward would be the courts and set up a group within the BCWF to do that.
They did go to court on a number of cases on behalf of joe angler.
Alas, he died and so did the drive.

There is no group leading the Political Charge at this time.
The SFAB is by agreement with DFO not allowed to be political.
The SFI has said they are not political.

So, no one or group is leading the charge.
You need to find some one.

He was involved at the start of the SFAB with another person named Tom Bird who got the SFAB and SFI going.

Bill later on firmly believed that the only way going forward would be the courts and set up a group within the BCWF to do that.

Exactly my point

And once agian you show just how little you know about how things really work.. yet you pretend you do.. know you well and know your history and there is a reason you are on the outside looking in... and because you got reject you throw stones at those that are still doing the heavy lifting and hard work... sad 😕

And once agian you show just how little you know about how things really work.. yet you pretend you do.. know you well and know your history and there is a reason you are on the outside looking in... and because you got reject you throw stones at those that are still doing the heavy lifting and hard work... sad 😕
Well I guess we will just have to disagree.
As I said before, people do not have to agree with other people’s opinions.

So your saying that our sport fishing groups are setout and prepared for a huge federal fight? Your saying that their intention was to do just that? We don't need to fight over this. That being said I want to thank all the volunteers and help that the organizations have had, and still have. I donate, that's for sure. It's a bigger fight now. Please let us know how to help, what the next steps are. I know the old man wants a say in this.

Please fill us all in.

then how do things work. And how do we achieve our goals. And yes I donate

I’m not sure who’s actually surprised by these regs. I’d be more surprised if any msf get put in place. Although, I highly doubt it. Also, let’s be real, no political party has done anything for salmon stocks for decades. The cohen report was put out how many years ago now, and neither the liberals or conservatives did anything.

Isn't that the truth in a nutshell.

Did you get the news? Fisheries notice just came out. They are removing the SRKW zones and the Liberal government is shutting down the ENGOs task force on this topic, opening up angling opportunities for 2023. First nations have been told to standby.

Most likely wont hear anything tell mid April.. so not surprised at this time
Since the proposed MSF fishery, at least in Area 19 , was to happen in April with maybe some time in May, we can all sit on our thumbs and watch the clock tick away, while DFO has a big chuckle over how gullible and pathetic we are.... No info, no comments, from them that are "involved",
just a deathly silence. How sad.

Well I guess we will just have to disagree.
As I said before, people do not have to agree with other people’s opinions.

Since the proposed MSF fishery, at least in Area 19 , was to happen in April with maybe some time in May, we can all sit on our thumbs and watch the clock tick away, while DFO has a big chuckle over how gullible and pathetic we are.... No info, no comments, from them that are "involved",
just a deathly silence. How sad.
With respect, that is about the most hurtful comment I have heard in some time. If you had any idea of the time, dedication, blood sweat and tears many people who have been engaged in helping support the MSF proposals have invested...and to hear these comments - makes me sick.

Why do we bother. I can only speak for myself and what I personally invested - a trip to Ottawa to support the MSF proposal in early March, many meetings with various DFO folks and MP's. All that said, despite those efforts, and that of all of those of who care about the recreational fishery - we are nothing more than passengers - waiting for a Fisheries Minister who isn't somehow seeing this as a decision that is all that time sensitive...how then is this somehow at the feet of those who are trying to support the interests of the ungrateful minority - maybe the "deathly silence" from "them that are "involved" is what you deserve.

Back