April 1 Fishing Regs-sell your Boats!!

It’s pointless,, it’s all pointless I give up.

Enjoy it when and while we can kids cause it’s coming to an end fast.

Been saying it for years. Maybe now people will start to realize that the only way we are going to have any say in what happens in national politics is to begin the process of separation. Ontario, Quebec and the maritimes could not give 2 ***** about the West. They never have, and they never will. But watch how quick they start to pay attention to a united West that intends to form its own the republic. Once they realize that their cash cow is no longer prepared to support them, they may actually start to care

conservatives fighting for our fishery

Might have to start to travel to the Great Lakes. Do some walleye fishing through out the province and end up on Lake Ontario for a couple weeks. It’s out east they get lots of money for hatcheries and stocking., can’t beat em join em.

Am I correct in understanding that we can fish close in to Thrasher (west of line from Gower Point to Shah Point on Valdez)?

Might have to start to travel to the Great Lakes. Do some walleye fishing through out the province and end up on Lake Ontario for a couple weeks. It’s out east they get lots of money for hatcheries and stocking., can’t beat em join em.
Interior Trout fishing is where it’s at for me, give up the salt for a Stillwater lake

Sigh....IS IT POSSIBLE TO KEEP THE POLITICAL CONVERSATION LIMITED TO DISCUSSIONS THAT REVOLVE AROUND FISHING IN THIS, A FISHING FORUM. If you want to talk about other politics and separation, go for it, but do it somewhere else!

And, is this really a surprise when it was already announced that final decisions on limits and openings were still being discussed and would be announced later in the month? Maybe we can wait for all the real yelling and screaming until then!

Last edited:
Interior Trout fishing is where it’s at for me, give up the salt for a Stillwater lake
You know it’s not that big of deal to me personally on the fishing side what’s happening out there really it isn’t. I have my trip booked for August like every year, I’m still going to catch my fish same as usually. I’ve said it again and again on here I care about what’s happening to the people out there and their livelihoods, It saddens me because I’ve went through a couple business failures and it’s not a nice thing, it’s not something I wish on anyone. I want everyone in this country to do well at what ever they choose to do. My frustration is with the best of intentions and it’s with concern for you people not myself.

Sigh....IS IT POSSIBLE TO KEEP THE POLITICAL CONVERSATION LIMITED TO DISCUSSIONS THAT REVOLVE AROUND FISHING IN THIS, A FISHING FORUM. If you want to talk about other politics and separation, go for it, but do it somewhere else!

And, is this really a surprise when it was already announced that final decisions on limits and openings were still being discussed and would be announced later in the month? Maybe we can wait for all the real yelling and screaming until then!
Yup sorry,, just get caught up in it all.

Time to settle down.

good luck finding a spot august is fully booked in most interior spots. You can fly to Hawaii cheaper then what some Air B&Bs are going for too
I am sure I will find water to fish, interior trout is like saltwater, stay away from the gong show and enjoy your time on the water lol

I dont disagree with most of this. We will have an impact on wild stocks. The question is will we have a big enough impact on them for it to matter. I'd like to see the nets kept out of the fraser. Nets in the fraser 100 percent catch species at risk

You need to get better informed if you agree with what is said in that letter. Sorry.

Really not surprised one bit. The fact that dfo couldn't get there sh*t together in the last how many months to put out a set of regulations by now is just stunning. Theses are interm restrictions, i guess just continuing the bs closure of last year was easier than actually doing work and making new regulations. I didn't expect any better regs this year but at least expected them to put them out for april-july by now and they couldnt even do that. Trying to not get into the politics here but the incompetence here is mind boggling, wtf are these public servants doing since they can't do their job?

Back